Level: Council of the gods

VIctor Wanyama Has Signed For Southampton, According to Kenyan Fa

Unread post by Olekoima » Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:10 am

joste

Re: VIctor Wanyama Has Signed For Southampton, According to Kenyan Fa

Unread post by joste » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:18 pm

Done deal.
Southampton have completed the signing of Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee, reported to be a club-record £12.5million.

Kenya international Wanyama leaves the SPL champions after two seasons in which he made a big impression and won two titles.
The 22-year-old, who had been linked with other Premier League teams, scored 10 goals in his 61 league outings for Celtic, who spent £900,000 to sign him from Belgian side Beerschot.

Wanyama said: "There were other options, but Southampton is a club with ambitions so I chose to came here
"I'm very grateful to be here and I'm looking forward to playing in the Premier League."

Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino said: "I am very pleased to have secured the signing of Victor because we are a big admirer of his talents.
"I want to stress that the deal could have been done sooner, but this shows that we do business on our terms."
It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest... - Adam Smith in Wealth of Nations, 1776.

RV Pundit

Unread post by RV Pundit » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:22 pm

Congrats. Hopefully wanyama,his bro and oliech can inspire the next generation of footballers to dream big.
The only hope for kenya is devolution

Terminator

Unread post by Terminator » Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:46 pm

At the risk of upsetting the usual emotionally unstable suspects, credit goes to Raila for pleading Kenya's case. This was after Wanyama's elder brother missed out becoming the first Kenyan in EPL because of Kenya's lousy international record.
A bullet from a 14-year-old is just as effective as one from a 40-year-old. Often more effective.

Namasuke
Level: Untouchables

Signed FRe: VIctor Wanyama Has or Southampton, According to Kenyan Fa

Unread post by Namasuke » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:40 pm

I want to know why I signed.