Stone houses in Kenya

Discussion of general issues.
kemaa
Level: Untouchables

Stone houses in Kenya

Unread post by kemaa » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:47 pm

Why don't they build wood based houses like the ones in USA?

It may cost less to put up buildings.

Anyone know why?

walahu
Level: Council of the gods

Re: Stone houses in Kenya

Unread post by walahu » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:02 pm

We have mites in Africa 🙄
If I were you I would rather be posing a query on disadvantages of division of compartments with stone/bricks walls, something that has never made sense. in most cases these compartments are tiny and final as they cannot be enlarged to accommodate a new need.
ukileta nyokos
My Kenya voted, NO to COONISM!!Raila is KAPUT!, .

Forwardoh

Unread post by Forwardoh » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:57 am

walahu wrote:
Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:02 pm
We have mites in Africa 🙄
If I were you I would rather be posing a query on disadvantages of division of compartments with stone/bricks walls, something that has never made sense. in most cases these compartments are tiny and final as they cannot be enlarged to accommodate a new need.
Woyee, so your house has just one large room? Why are you telling us that you fire blanks? Because surely if you have kids, you need privacy.
No wonder you spend all your time on mikate sababu you are a eunch... Being in Jubilee or any party for that matter, can never compensate for an inability to pass on your own kind. I will paray for you for God to make a miracle. :o

walahu

Unread post by walahu » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:10 am

Thanks for backwardness.
Now, go find a man who will "dare"
ukileta nyokos
My Kenya voted, NO to COONISM!!Raila is KAPUT!, .

anonymousz
Level: Nobles

Unread post by anonymousz » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:24 am

That is due to termite. On the average a wooden house will last for a very short time. However, your observations are thoughtful. What I would suggest is building the outside walls, walls separating kitchen, with stones, other walls, you can try the American way of 2x4 and drywall, ceilings in Kenya are already done with material like drywall. The issue is IF 2x4 + drywall will meet building code. @walahu was alluding to this idea. He and Forwardoh are like cat and mouse, @Forwardoh being the mouse. See the politics thread...

Note also, building a custom house in Kenya maybe the ONLY way, while custom homes in US are extremely expensive.

kemaa wrote:
Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:47 pm
Why don't they build wood based houses like the ones in USA?

True RV

Unread post by True RV » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:44 am

In Scandinavia, 95%?? of family houses are build using wood. Row houses are generally build of wood but external claddings are bricks. Block buildings and high rise buildings are build of factory fabricated elements. Zero % of houses/buildings are build of stones like in Kenya. Imagine zero %.

Wood is warm in cold countries and concrete is very cold. All walls are insulated very well: both wooden or concrete.
-TRV -