NASA: No Elections

Politics
User avatar
NattyDread
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 17816
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Re: NASA: No Elections

Unread post by NattyDread » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:34 pm

AntiHubris wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:11 pm
Voodoo,

Call a spade a spade and stop sugar coating. Nusa knows they are losing in a fair contest. Significant opinion makers in Ukambani, Luhyaland, Kisii, all supposedly Nusa strongholds, are crystallising around the buttered side. In short we are looking at a beating with a bigger margin.

What Wetangula said today is a poorly veiled threat. "There will be no elections". The only way Nusa can attempt that is through violence. And elections are the red line for Jubilee
They already tested the violence card and it came out very negative. Yesterday on TV, JaKuon just came short of admitting that they will try to get mass akson ignited if things don't go their way. Problem is that it looks like only Kisumu and pockets of Nyanza want to go that route. Immediately after the polls, Joho openly said that nobody was going to burn Mombasa for NASA.
:evil: JaKuon Slayer Extraordinaire :twisted:

User avatar
vooke
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 10610
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:03 am
Location: Nairobbery

Re: NASA: No Elections

Unread post by vooke » Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:37 pm

YellowOne wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:04 pm
vooke, even a third rate lawyer like meself can argue the unconstitutionality of something like this.
vooke wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 am
Not sure if mass action will work, it's probably a case of aiming for the sun and landing on the moon

But they may get a sympathetic judge who will declare IEBC as constituted unfit to run elections
constitution
I don't know about the legality of their demands..could be scare tactics
"No warrior entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier." (2 Timothy 2:4)..

Murata
Level: Rising star
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Re: NASA: No Elections

Unread post by Murata » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:33 pm

Watch closely as the truth hounds out the falsehood. If there is nothing to hide, you will see IEBC eagerly comply with providing all information of public interest and they will be vindicated by remaining truthful, neutral and cooperative. The issue of what company prints the ballot, as a matter of public interest, will be revealed in it's fullness and all parties assured of a clean ballot without any issues of reuse. This is my prediction. Reuse is my personal concern, I'm not sure anyone else has brought this one up, apologies for claiming credit if they already have. I hope to see IEBC, rather than re-litigate a closed matter, intestead work steadfast and diligently to assure all voters from every region, party or affiliation, that they will hold a transparent, verifiable, credible election, whenever that may be

User avatar
walahu
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 4747
Joined: Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:19 pm
Location: Happe Varre!!!

Re: NASA: No Elections

Unread post by walahu » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:54 pm

Hakuna kukata corner, IEBC WILL conduct the elections on the 17th.
ukileta nyokos
My Kenya voted, NO to COONISM!!Raila is KAPUT!, .

User avatar
NattyDread
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 17816
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Re: NASA: No Elections

Unread post by NattyDread » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:59 pm

Ati it's not a boycott but 'no elections'.

Two days ago it was to be a boycott, then they realised that nobody gives a hoot. Now it is a thinly veiled threat to disrupt and make it impossible for those that have accepted the IEBC'S independence.

Tutakutana kwa debe, au mtaani.
:evil: JaKuon Slayer Extraordinaire :twisted:

obienga
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 4900
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: NASA: No Elections

Unread post by obienga » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:36 pm

The problem was never with the printer but with organised shenanigans by RO's in mostly NASWA areas. Watch Hassan Omar expose the work of NASWA operatives in how they tampered with the forms. The premise of no elections just means Jakuonists will stay home and not vote which is perfectly within their constitutional rights.
Murata wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:16 pm
vooke wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:19 am
NASA Parliamentary Group this afternoon resolved as follows:

1: There will be no elections in Kenya on October 17 if the concerns of the Coalition are not addressed.

2: NASA is not talking about election boycott. There will be no elections to be boycotted.

3:NASA Members of Parliament will not participate in proceedings of the the two houses of Parliament or in house committees.

4: NASA will dedicate it's efforts towards saving the country from an emerging dictatorship and ensuring electoral justice.

5: NASA will shortly institute criminal and contempt of court proceedings against individual IEBC and election officers found to have committed illegalities and irregularities during the August 8 polls.

That's a good start. Why IEBC would insist on using the same printer when this is a major point of contention leaves one wondering. Would they use the same ballots? Why they have not provided access to an Audit of their electronic system is even more curious. The issues raised by the IEBC chairman of serious concern to the public have not received a public response for analysis, scrutiny and clarification yet this is the process that resulted in nullification. Why the lack of transparency? Election is not an Event but a Process

Murata
Level: Rising star
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Re: NASA: No Elections

Unread post by Murata » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:44 pm

NattyDread wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:59 pm
Ati it's not a boycott but 'no elections'.

Two days ago it was to be a boycott, then they realised that nobody gives a hoot. Now it is a thinly veiled threat to disrupt and make it impossible for those that have accepted the IEBC'S independence.

Tutakutana kwa debe, au mtaani.
That is not an option in a lawful society. Raila has led the country in a very optimistic path by proving that the courts will uphold the rule of law. Hakuna mtaani, Hiyo niyenu tu. Watu watafuata wazo wa Katiba.

Murata
Level: Rising star
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Re: NASA: No Elections

Unread post by Murata » Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:48 pm

The courts found IEBC culpable. This is after Raila petitioned the court lawfully and made his case. Why anyone would not want to see IEBC meet the threshold set by the ruling is bewildering to say the least, if not obstruction
obienga wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:36 pm
The problem was never with the printer but with organised shenanigans by RO's in mostly NASWA areas. Watch Hassan Omar expose the work of NASWA operatives in how they tampered with the forms. The premise of no elections just means Jakuonists will stay home and not vote which is perfectly within their constitutional rights.
Murata wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:16 pm
vooke wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:19 am
NASA Parliamentary Group this afternoon resolved as follows:

1: There will be no elections in Kenya on October 17 if the concerns of the Coalition are not addressed.

2: NASA is not talking about election boycott. There will be no elections to be boycotted.

3:NASA Members of Parliament will not participate in proceedings of the the two houses of Parliament or in house committees.

4: NASA will dedicate it's efforts towards saving the country from an emerging dictatorship and ensuring electoral justice.

5: NASA will shortly institute criminal and contempt of court proceedings against individual IEBC and election officers found to have committed illegalities and irregularities during the August 8 polls.

That's a good start. Why IEBC would insist on using the same printer when this is a major point of contention leaves one wondering. Would they use the same ballots? Why they have not provided access to an Audit of their electronic system is even more curious. The issues raised by the IEBC chairman of serious concern to the public have not received a public response for analysis, scrutiny and clarification yet this is the process that resulted in nullification. Why the lack of transparency? Election is not an Event but a Process

obienga
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 4900
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: NASA: No Elections

Unread post by obienga » Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:28 pm

They did but in what exact way? Again where is the detailed judgment? The same court ordered the 1st respondent, IEBC to conduct fresh elections in conformity with the law and the constitution. IEBC had over 100,000 employees, you cannot now claim that all employees be sent home on the account of a returning officer's criminal activities in Siaya, Kwale, Mombasa or elsewhere. The ruling is very simple, any extraneous demands made by NASWA are not part of the law or the judgment. If NASA feel it is their right to set standards or revise the final judgment, they are free to go back to court and this time it should be properly litigated under the liberties of time to demonstrate how such information is of relevance to the process and not a flagrant and intentional abuse of process.
Murata wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:48 pm
The courts found IEBC culpable. This is after Raila petitioned the court lawfully and made his case. Why anyone would not want to see IEBC meet the threshold set by the ruling is bewildering to say the least, if not obstruction
obienga wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:36 pm
The problem was never with the printer but with organised shenanigans by RO's in mostly NASWA areas. Watch Hassan Omar expose the work of NASWA operatives in how they tampered with the forms. The premise of no elections just means Jakuonists will stay home and not vote which is perfectly within their constitutional rights.
Murata wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:16 pm



That's a good start. Why IEBC would insist on using the same printer when this is a major point of contention leaves one wondering. Would they use the same ballots? Why they have not provided access to an Audit of their electronic system is even more curious. The issues raised by the IEBC chairman of serious concern to the public have not received a public response for analysis, scrutiny and clarification yet this is the process that resulted in nullification. Why the lack of transparency? Election is not an Event but a Process

NativeSon1
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 5673
Joined: Thu Mar 07, 2013 7:15 pm

Re: NASA: No Elections

Unread post by NativeSon1 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:29 pm

YellowOne wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:11 am
on eve 0f 8th of august, NASA said no sex. now they are saying no erection!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You win!
.

AntiHubris
Level: Imperial Majesty
Posts: 2996
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:46 am

Re: NASA: No Elections

Unread post by AntiHubris » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:14 pm

I watched Chiloba on Tv for a whole hour. The IT-challenged judges had better deliver judgement yesterday and there had better be an iota of sense in it. The contracted printer will print for 17th Oct. On Sunday 17th Sept, expect Nusa to declare "no elections" without telling the people of Kibra that they are the ones expected to forcefully enforce this lawlessness.
Murata wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:33 pm
Watch closely as the truth hounds out the falsehood. If there is nothing to hide, you will see IEBC eagerly comply with providing all information of public interest and they will be vindicated by remaining truthful, neutral and cooperative. The issue of what company prints the ballot, as a matter of public interest, will be revealed in it's fullness and all parties assured of a clean ballot without any issues of reuse. This is my prediction. Reuse is my personal concern, I'm not sure anyone else has brought this one up, apologies for claiming credit if they already have. I hope to see IEBC, rather than re-litigate a closed matter, intestead work steadfast and diligently to assure all voters from every region, party or affiliation, that they will hold a transparent, verifiable, credible election, whenever that may be

cathinkenya
Level: Aristocrats
Posts: 203
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:14 pm

Re: NASA: No Elections

Unread post by cathinkenya » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:05 pm

Murata wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:33 pm
Watch closely as the truth hounds out the falsehood. If there is nothing to hide, you will see IEBC eagerly comply with providing all information of public interest and they will be vindicated by remaining truthful, neutral and cooperative. The issue of what company prints the ballot, as a matter of public interest, will be revealed in it's fullness and all parties assured of a clean ballot without any issues of reuse. This is my prediction. Reuse is my personal concern, I'm not sure anyone else has brought this one up, apologies for claiming credit if they already have. I hope to see IEBC, rather than re-litigate a closed matter, intestead work steadfast and diligently to assure all voters from every region, party or affiliation, that they will hold a transparent, verifiable, credible election, whenever that may be
How could they re-use the ballots? IEBC is clear that only Uhuru and Raila will be on the ballot.

Murata
Level: Rising star
Posts: 99
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:06 pm

Re: NASA: No Elections

Unread post by Murata » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:57 am

cathinkenya wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:05 pm
Murata wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:33 pm
Watch closely as the truth hounds out the falsehood. If there is nothing to hide, you will see IEBC eagerly comply with providing all information of public interest and they will be vindicated by remaining truthful, neutral and cooperative. The issue of what company prints the ballot, as a matter of public interest, will be revealed in it's fullness and all parties assured of a clean ballot without any issues of reuse. This is my prediction. Reuse is my personal concern, I'm not sure anyone else has brought this one up, apologies for claiming credit if they already have. I hope to see IEBC, rather than re-litigate a closed matter, intestead work steadfast and diligently to assure all voters from every region, party or affiliation, that they will hold a transparent, verifiable, credible election, whenever that may be
How could they re-use the ballots? IEBC is clear that only Uhuru and Raila will be on the ballot.
Point taken

User avatar
NattyDread
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 17816
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Re: NASA: No Elections

Unread post by NattyDread » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:18 am

cathinkenya wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:05 pm
How could they re-use the ballots? IEBC is clear that only Uhuru and Raila will be on the ballot.
cathinkenya,

Debating with stupid is an uphill task.
:evil: JaKuon Slayer Extraordinaire :twisted:

User avatar
vooke
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 10610
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:03 am
Location: Nairobbery

Re: NASA: No Elections

Unread post by vooke » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:29 am

AntiHubris wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:11 pm
Voodoo,

Call a spade a spade and stop sugar coating. Nusa knows they are losing in a fair contest. Significant opinion makers in Ukambani, Luhyaland, Kisii, all supposedly Nusa strongholds, are crystallising around the buttered side. In short we are looking at a beating with a bigger margin.

What Wetangula said today is a poorly veiled threat. "There will be no elections". The only way Nusa can attempt that is through violence. And elections are the red line for Jubilee.
vooke wrote:
Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 am
Not sure if mass action will work, it's probably a case of aiming for the sun and landing on the moon

But they may get a sympathetic judge who will declare IEBC as constituted unfit to run elections
James Orengo clarified yesterday in NTV that they mean there will be no other sham election. They will pursue all reforms necessary to make the re-run free and fair. Everyone ought to laud their efforts not to mock them
"No warrior entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier." (2 Timothy 2:4)..

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kunadawa, mwalimu and 34 guests