Kenya Talks • View topic - So Ojode's wife will be inharited by Orwa's Brothers

So Ojode's wife will be inharited by Orwa's Brothers

Discussion of general formal issues!

Postby RV Heavy hitter! » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:10 pm

My ex-girl(luo) in 1997 told me a lot of stories about wife inheritance in Luo culture. If I can remember vividly, she said something about the brothers of the deceaced can agree to share the woman or the widow can chose to marry one brother and not be shared. Anyone who is familiar with this pimping game[shagging wives of the dead] can shade some light. I know 1997 to 2012 is kitambo...maybe the practice faded to oblivion without my knowledge but If that is the case, will the minister's wife chose the latter or the former-I think she should cornhole this culture and look on the bright side....what do you think?
With Love, Marriage is the most amazing event in one's life, the foundation of happiness, joy and success. , RVhh!
Natukae kwa Undugu, Amani na UHURU Muigai.'' - The National Anthem of Kenya
RV Heavy hitter!
Level: Council of the gods

Mood: HappyHappy
Reputation point: 305
kurutukurutukurutukurutu

Postby kalam_maduong2 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:17 pm

RV Heavy hitter! wrote:....what do you think?

I think you are indulging in childish gossip and speculation. Will you please circumcise your mind !!!
kalam_maduong2
Level: Aristocrats

Reputation point: 10
kurutu

Postby RV Heavy hitter! » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:28 pm

kalam_maduong2 wrote:
RV Heavy hitter! wrote:....what do you think?

I think you are indulging in childish gossip and speculation. Will you please circumcise your mind !!!

Is the practice still going on? I have heard stuff like that for sometime but I wish there was someone who is fully familiar with this utamaduni to decipher to the uninformed nipateans like me.
The girlfriend story is 100% true but I was 19 so I didn't care to ask many questions....Can you shade some light without matusi?
With Love, Marriage is the most amazing event in one's life, the foundation of happiness, joy and success. , RVhh!
RV Heavy hitter!

kurutukurutukurutukurutu

Postby kalam_maduong2 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:42 pm

RV Heavy hitter! wrote:....Can you shade some light without matusi?

Can you please let Ojode rest in peace. How could you possibly be discussing his wife yet the man is hardly a day in the grave?
kalam_maduong2

kurutu

Postby RV Heavy hitter! » Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:55 pm

kalam_maduong2 wrote:

Can you please let Ojode rest in peace. How could you possibly be discussing his wife yet the man is hardly a day in the grave?[/quote
I guess you are still in shuckles and chains of utamaduni. Who said it is a taboo to discuss such matters?
RV Heavy hitter!

kurutukurutukurutukurutu

Postby Jakoyo Midiwo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:05 pm

RV Heavy hitter! wrote:My ex-girl(luo) in 1997 told me a lot of stories about wife inheritance in Luo culture. If I can remember vividly, she said something about the brothers of the deceaced can agree to share the woman or the widow can chose to marry one brother and not be shared. Anyone who is familiar with this pimping game[shagging wives of the dead] can shade some light. I know 1997 to 2012 is kitambo...maybe the practice faded to oblivion without my knowledge but If that is the case, will the minister's wife chose the latter or the former-I think she should cornhole this culture and look on the bright side....what do you think?

Unfortunately this repungant disgusting practice of sexual exploitation of women is still widely practiced in this part of the country. Whole motive is to lay claim to the deceased wealth and sexually exploit the widow. If the deceased left no wealth but young children and a young widow, they will fight for the widow but ignore her children. Those who refused are kicked out of their boma. Small wonder there are thousands of luo widows in kibera and mathare scrapping a living for their children. This year the widow of a close friend( died 2012) was declared persona non grata in her late husbands boma because she refused to be shagged and possibly get infected with STD.

Ojodes useless brothers must by now be hovering around this poor widow with there erect penises ready to pounce on her.

Mila chafu, bure kabisa , Immoral, exploitative, predatory. Sambaza ukimwi.
"Huko Nairobi yeye ni kama bubu ". - Aden Duale humiliating Nandi MP Alfred Keter.
"Hi pesa sio ya mama yako"- Aden Duale insults Isaac Rutto.
Jakoyo Midiwo

Mood: CoolCool
Reputation point: 285
kurutukurutukurutu

Postby Jakoyo Midiwo » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:15 pm

kalam_maduong2 wrote:

Can you please let Ojode rest in peace. How could you possibly be discussing his wife yet the man is hardly a day in the grave?

@ kalam-maduong; stop reasoning like a dick head. RVHH has asked a valid question ( something he rarely does :mrgreen: )
Answer the question of fcuk off. Listening to the speakers at Ojodes funeral, his close friend pretending to be telling a memorable joke was sickeningly duscussing about inheriting mrs Ojode. Tasteless joke at this time of mourning, but this tells you where their thoughts are( not satisfied with their multiple wives and mistresses)
"Huko Nairobi yeye ni kama bubu ". - Aden Duale humiliating Nandi MP Alfred Keter.
"Hi pesa sio ya mama yako"- Aden Duale insults Isaac Rutto.
Jakoyo Midiwo

Reputation point: 285
kurutukurutukurutu

Postby RV Heavy hitter! » Sun Jun 17, 2012 5:33 pm

Thanks Jakoyo. I know the poverty in Kenya is not caused by poor economy alone; the barbaric cultural practices such as FGM, wife inheritance, early marriages and many more are chocking the wheels of economic engine yet it is always overlooked.
The greatest resource of any nation is the people[healthy, energetic and educated folks]....Fgm, Wife inheritance, forced early marriages and all the barbaric customs works overdrive to produce unhealthy, weak and illiterate folks(like you said; the kids are left to fend for themselves while the widow is shagged relentlessly)- this will definately produce fructured people that will not contribute fully to ECONOMY.
RV Heavy hitter!

kurutukurutukurutukurutu

Postby joste » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:11 pm

I think Mrs. Ojode should borrow some notes from Elizabeth Ongoro. I heard, when her turn came to be (sexually) inherited, she told off the men lusting after her...
Doing business without advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does.
joste

Reputation point: 230
kurutukurutukurutu

Postby Energizer » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:19 pm

I heard one of the Luo MPs narrate how Ojode advised him to write a will so that there will be no problems when he dies. Not writing a will really complicates issues and with a new judiciary in place keen to enforce the constitution and rule of law, those looking to disregard Ojode's will and inherit his wealth and widow by force will have an uphill task. This is assuming of course that Ojode did not in his will, direct that his wife be inherited after all. :lol: :lol:
We believe in Kusema na Kutenda
Energizer

Reputation point: 220
kurutukurutukurutu

Postby brisco » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:38 pm

there is no way that lady is getting climbed by the Ojode bros. Forget
Same same but different
brisco

kurutu

Postby RV Heavy hitter! » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:42 am

brisco wrote:there is no way that lady is getting climbed by the Ojode bros. Forget

With women, anything is possible. Saying the right things at the right time can make a woman's legs go Texas longhorn at any given time
RV Heavy hitter!

kurutukurutukurutukurutu

Postby ole Nkarei » Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:43 am

I am not sure about the Luo People, but I know for a fact that the Gikuyu and Maasai would pass on a deceased man's wife to his last born sons - and not as a sexual inheritance but as a responsibility and to safeguard her inheritance from the deceased man.. It was a badge of honor that that Son wore with pride. Obviously it was a legit query that RV Hitter posed, not sure about timing though, (and damn I had little idea this fella is only 26 years old). It is likely that the Luo Wife Inheritance should be viewed in this light too, I am not certain though.

There is not one of our cultural practices that had no justifications, even those that have today been overtaken by circumstances. Considering that it took centuries to engender them and they survived as long as they have - even that Luo Wife Inheritance. What does need to be done now is to audit them, discharge those that must be, and modenize those that can be. For instance, my father has 14 mothers by his father, and he himself has five wives. While all my aunties were initiated through all age-set phases and are damn proud of it, my father skipped the circumcision phase for all my sisters, and so have I with my daughters. Finding alternatives to plug those skipped phases is a major cultural head-ache though.
''Energy and Rapidity in Combat'' Lt.Gen George S. Patton - GOC-3rd USArmy WWII-1944
ole Nkarei
Level: Lord Barons

Reputation point: 34
kurutu

Postby Boyboy » Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:45 am

Jakoyo Midiwo wrote:
kalam_maduong2 wrote:

@ kalam-maduong; stop reasoning like a dick head. RVHH has asked a valid question ( something he rarely does :mrgreen: )
Answer the question of fcuk off. Listening to the speakers at Ojodes funeral, his close friend pretending to be telling a memorable joke was sickeningly duscussing about inheriting mrs Ojode. Tasteless joke at this time of mourning, but this tells you where their thoughts are( not satisfied with their multiple wives and mistresses)

I never saw that. That was pathetic of him.
Boyboy
Level: Lord Barons

Reputation point: 210
kurutukurutukurutu

Postby Kunadawa » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:02 am

Two pieces of advice: firstly stop starting a thread with "So......' thats really unprofessional.

Secondly you guys need to stop denigrating our African culture and customs. There were never any orphans or homeless in traditional societys simply because of the inbuild mechanisms where society looked after their own. Thus the issue of 'inheritance' is actually tranfer of parental responsibility from the departed to the immediate family members, thus ensuring stability for the 'orphans'.

Plus your brother's kids are your kids

RV Heavy hitter! wrote:My ex-girl(luo) in 1997 told me a lot of stories about wife inheritance in Luo culture. If I can remember vividly, she said something about the brothers of the deceaced can agree to share the woman or the widow can chose to marry one brother and not be shared. Anyone who is familiar with this pimping game[shagging wives of the dead] can shade some light. I know 1997 to 2012 is kitambo...maybe the practice faded to oblivion without my knowledge but If that is the case, will the minister's wife chose the latter or the former-I think she should cornhole this culture and look on the bright side....what do you think?
Kunadawa
Level: Imperial Majesty

Reputation point: 90
kurutu

Next

Return to General(Formal Discussions)