Ivory Coast: Gbagbo should Act Fast!

Politics
Karega
Level: Nobles

Re: Ivory Coast: Gbagbo should Act Fast!

Unread post by Karega » Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:15 am

@okoth,
And that is why some of us Africans will always be juniors to whites. I have said before, a good number of Africans have software designed to be colonized. Other call it brainwashing, and of course you have every right to choose your screw partner. I rest.

Ole Ole
Level: Council of the gods

Unread post by Ole Ole » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:41 pm

I agree with Karega Quatarra should bow out for the sake of the country, no need for brinksman siasa, he should wake up and realize gag boro has too much power, military and 2/3 of the country including capital city, time for him to look for a different route to engage gag boro otherwise based on what happened to charles Taylor i dont see gag boo leaving kimya kimya. Kassin Obie need to grow up enticing gag boo with white house visit is childish kabisa to say the least

Ole Ole
Level: Council of the gods

Unread post by Ole Ole » Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:39 pm

it comes a time when a nation is bigger than an individual at this time, this is the defining moment when Quattara should stand up and exercise solomon wisdom instead of splitting the country straight down the middle, setting up brothers against brothers just let gag boo have it

Tornado
Level: Imperial Majesty

Unread post by Tornado » Sat Jan 01, 2011 7:38 pm

gbagbo has no chance....he has 15 neighbouring states ready to use force to remove him.his finances are frozen.he no international backing and therefore no friends to help him out.IT is therefore him who should give up for the sake of country.

Karega

Unread post by Karega » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:40 am

@tornado,
it will be a tragedy IF West Africans use force. Nigeria the superpower of the region and without its Army West Africans have no capacity has always had chaotic and less tha transparent elections. Its like Museveni hitting Kenya for Electoral fraud!
Kindly note that at this point sanctions on Ivorians are yet to be placed on cocoa. And that is because western countries need that resource.
Allasane should just give up and try next time. Its forseeable that military action may divide the country forever, and cause much more suffering just because he want to President! Just like Raila whom they now have something in common..

Tornado

Unread post by Tornado » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:03 am

KAREGA
havent you heard that as result of this stand off more ivorian produce is is now being smuggled through ghana because of a squezee on ivorian monetary activities by the world monetary fund? no one wants to trade with a rogue regime..just come of it man and face reality..gbagbo is loosing this one come what may.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-12-2 ... ustry.html

Karega

Unread post by Karega » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:39 am

Tornado,
I think you understand things the way you want. I said there still no sanctions on cocoa...
Second, this is not an ego based argument to prove whether Gbagbo is suffering or not. Infact, he will not suffer but the common man in whose name you want military action and sanctions will suffer most. When Kenya was under sanctions do you think Moi suffered? Look at what Wanjiku had to go thru with hiking prices and denial of social services, and other effects. Yet Moi served his two terms to retirement and a superb retirement package.
What the point of Ivorians suffering just for Allasane to be President?

Tornado

Unread post by Tornado » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:42 pm