Kenya Talks • View topic - Johnnie Carson Contradicts Obama

Johnnie Carson Contradicts Obama

Discussion of general formal issues!

Postby kauhai » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:16 am

Johnnie Carson contradicts Obama on kenya polls saying President elected in March must be globally accepted. Count on the likes of him and Koffi to play interference for Jacon.
kauhai
Level: Imperial Majesty

Reputation point: 75
kurutu

Postby Terminator » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:28 am

Its not so much a contradiction as a qualification.

Here is the article http://elections.nation.co.ke/news/-/16 ... index.html.
A bullet from a 14-year-old is just as effective as one from a 40-year-old. Often more effective.
Terminator
Level: Council of the gods

Mood: HappyHappy
Reputation point: 250
kurutukurutukurutu

Postby independent » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:31 am

i have a feeling uhuru will not be calling a press confrence on this one to thank carson for that statment.
Ambia bibi yako awache kumangamanga
independent

Reputation point: 225
kurutukurutukurutu

Postby Observer » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:33 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

24-days to go and you get the sense that the uhuruto assumed juggernaut is starting to feel the perplexing and unknown heat coming from all sides.

independent wrote:i have a feeling uhuru will not be calling a press confrence on this one to thank carson for that statment.
Observer
Level: Lord Barons

Reputation point: 30
kurutu

Postby PuaKal » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:12 am

Terminator wrote:Its not so much a contradiction as a qualification.

I have been laughing for days over this saga. It is pertinently obvious that a majority of Nipate and Kenyans are unfamiliar with U.S. PC/Diplo-speak.

We seem to prefer everything put in a binary black/white format. It is for the same reason we are still debating the sweeping reach of Chapter 6.
I am the 49.93%.
Mas Vegas. The. Place. To. Be.
PuaKal

Reputation point: 235
kurutukurutukurutu

Postby RV Pundit » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:14 am

Well it past time for diplospeak. They need to lay it flatly.We are 3 weeks from making that decisions. And if they care so much about how we will make that decision..they need to enumerate the consequences of electing mr XYZ.
The only hope for kenya is devolution
RV Pundit

Mood: TiredTired
Reputation point: 679
kurutukurutukurutukurutukurutukurutukurutu

Postby fairandbalanced » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:30 am

where have i heard this statement before?i use it for my kids all the time. In diplomatic terms, it's very condesceding and it shows that the USA is still out of touch and stuck in the past. The more they press, the more they get a negative reaction from Kenyan patriots. The problem with the Kenyan situation as opposed to say sudan is that all Kenyans are aware and know what happened in 2007. They also know who and who should not be tried in the ICC. If this was a case of people being tried infront a jury of their peer, thsese guys would be walking free. The case is bogus and shady and i bilieve even the USA will stay aside and let the process play itself out.
fairandbalanced

Reputation point: 102
kurutukurutu

Postby Kichwa Mbaya » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:32 am

Puakal, my very sentiments. I did not see anything in Obama's speech for Jubilee to celebrate and yet they did. I guese its the diplo talk which confuses these people but if you read the speech again there is really nothing there to make Uhuruto happy. Obama was talking about the rule of law and that the courts should settle all the disputes and not the voters-that means chapter six. Chapter six is clear-verily verily I say unto you, one cannot hold public office if one has integrity questions pending over him. Now, if being charged with crimes against humanity at the Hague, does not place integrity questions upon anybody's character, then what does?

PuaKal wrote:

I have been laughing for days over this saga. It is pertinently obvious that a majority of Nipate and Kenyans are unfamiliar with U.S. PC/Diplo-speak.

We seem to prefer everything put in a binary black/white format. It is for the same reason we are still debating the sweeping reach of Chapter 6.
Kichwa Mbaya

Reputation point: 319
kurutukurutukurutukurutu

Postby my2cents » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:33 am

Why the ambiguity? I saw Hcc turner on Cord TV trying to be as ambiguous and confusing as he could. The journalost kept prodding him to explain clearly UKs position. Finally in an effort to pin him down the interviewer asked him what he will you do if Uhuruto win? He mumbled something like "we will cross that bridge... blah bull blah'' :lol: slippery bugger. Why dont they just come out clearly and say they will impose sanctions to kenyans for choosing Uhuruto? You cant say the cnoice belongs to the people of kenya and in the same breadth try to blackmail them out of that liberty by insinuating you will punish kenyans for their choice? Ukoloni mamboleo. It just hardens my resolve even more. Sanctions or no sanctions I will wake up very early on Mar 4 to vote in my president Uhuru and his deputy Bill Ruto.
Last edited by my2cents on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Natukae kwa Undugu, Amani na UHURU.'' - The National Anthem of Kenya

Digital Migration Loading ████████... 99% complete.
my2cents

Reputation point: 200
kurutukurutukurutu

Postby Jakoyo Midiwo » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:34 am

independent wrote:i have a feeling uhuru will not be calling a press confrence on this one to thank carson for that statment.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Huko Nairobi yeye ni kama bubu ". - Aden Duale humiliating Nandi MP Alfred Keter.
"Hi pesa sio ya mama yako"- Aden Duale insults Isaac Rutto.
Jakoyo Midiwo

Reputation point: 295
kurutukurutukurutu

Postby mburugokubwa » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:41 am

OBAMA message WAS simple...avoid violence and follow the law in case of disputes.
the rest of the staff will outlay the overall obama stance,, we should expect more on this from john kerry in the coming days and certainly after next week
OBVIOULSY obama has had some very bad press AT HOME due to his percived kenyan connections since he was a candidate from 2007/8
and so he would not want more bad press hearing guys with cases at the hague are being elected to run kenya
the moment uhuru is elected though it is unlikely to be so, you can bet the western press wil go into ovedrive
Last edited by mburugokubwa on Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
mburugokubwa
Level: Imperial Majesty

Reputation point: 15
kurutu

Postby Terminator » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:42 am

Yep. Some people only move when they hear the whip crack. And even then it may take a direct hit by a two by four to get them to their senses. The US position has never been more consistent.
PuaKal wrote:

A bullet from a 14-year-old is just as effective as one from a 40-year-old. Often more effective.
Terminator

Mood: HappyHappy
Reputation point: 250
kurutukurutukurutu

Postby fairandbalanced » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:46 am

A glitter of hope for the desperados, let's wait for march 4th. It's going to be a rollercoaster ride until then but the truth is there for all to see, the people who caused the most chaos in 2007 are still doing it today, the truth is there for all to see like Homabay. Everyone else in Kenya is using the courts as opposed to rocks and machetes.
fairandbalanced

Reputation point: 102
kurutukurutu

Postby RV Pundit » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:49 am

The decision on 4th will by for kenyans by kenyans. It won't matter whether you support CORD or not; Kenya would have all elected UHURUTO.

If US want to impose sanctions; They need to explain it.It is their prerogative.
The only hope for kenya is devolution
RV Pundit

Reputation point: 679
kurutukurutukurutukurutukurutukurutukurutu

Postby PuaKal » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:56 am

I suspect this is a manifestation of Kenya's education system. You know, how we expect teachers and lecturers to lay it out there ready for consumption.
Terminator wrote:Yep. Some people only move when they hear the whip crack. And even then it may take a direct hit by a two by four to get them to their senses. The US position has never been more consistent.
PuaKal wrote:

I am the 49.93%.
Mas Vegas. The. Place. To. Be.
PuaKal

Reputation point: 235
kurutukurutukurutu

Next

Return to General(Formal Discussions)