What Happened to Konza Lego City

Politics
Omollo
Level: Council of the gods

What Happened to Konza Lego City

Unread post by Omollo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:24 am

What a joke and a waste of public resources! Ati you want a technology centre to rival Silicon Valley. The plan being to cash in on the outsourcing market. Why then do you need a city? Ndemo.... watu wengine? I hear he is lecturing at UoN after failing to Chief-Nanga a job from Jubilee

RV Pundit

Re: What Happened to Konza Lego City

Unread post by RV Pundit » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:27 am

Dead as dodo.They should invite chinese to build EPS or SEZ...to manufacture shoes or buttons..like is happening in Ethiopia.
The only hope for kenya is devolution

Omollo

Unread post by Omollo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:30 am

RV Pundit wrote:Dead as dodo.They should invite chinese to build EPS or SEZ...to manufacture shoes or buttons..like is happening in Ethiopia.
What is there to attract anybody? Had it been in Mombasa perhaps. Give it 30 years when Nairobi comes to swallow it, then it will become a city.

a4architect
Level: Lord Barons

Unread post by a4architect » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:53 am

Konza city was not feasible. Most projects where the World Bank is in charge of feasibility/consultancy end up being white elephants. I saw the failure in Konza once world bank was appointed as the financial consultants.

NattyDread

Unread post by NattyDread » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:01 am

What happened to http://tingisaonline.blogspot.nl/ and www.omollosview.com?
After I started a blog at that site, I received a good offer from a patriotic Kenyan who is good at these things. He decided to migrate me from the other site to a new site. Here is the address before I am kicked out for advertising: http://omollosview.com/

The old blog http://omollosview.blogspot.com/ will continue to work until it is either forgotten or deleted ( I have no idea as I have left all the technical stuff to somebody else).

It is important to make something clear: I shall not post there alone. While all the posts there now are mine - except one - in future two other people will post as well. I hope they will introduce themselves. I am not interested in who they are. I care only about what they write.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4427&p=29942&view=show#p29942
Last edited by NattyDread on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
:evil: JaKuon Slayer Extraordinaire :twisted:

Omollo

Unread post by Omollo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:06 am

NattyDread wrote:What happened to http://tingisaonline.blogspot.nl/ and www. omollosview.com?
Really sorry Darling! I will get it working again, just for you. Stop crying My Dearest.

vooke

Unread post by vooke » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:11 am

Darling and dearest. man to man are gay
Omollo wrote:
NattyDread wrote:What happened to http://tingisaonline.blogspot.nl/ and www. omollosview.com?
Really sorry Darling! I will get it working again, just for you. Stop crying My Dearest.
"No warrior entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier." (2 Timothy 2:4)..

RV Pundit

Unread post by RV Pundit » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:19 am

Indeed. WB is second name for Fucked Up. They did the same with RVR railway deal.
a4architect wrote:Konza city was not feasible. Most projects where the World Bank is in charge of feasibility/consultancy end up being white elephants. I saw the failure in Konza once world bank was appointed as the financial consultants.

NattyDread

Unread post by NattyDread » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:28 am

Ohollow,

Your many failed attempts at blogology are polluting the internet. Ask any of those volunteer webmasters you had recruited to remove the cyber-detritus.

www.omollosview.com
http://omollosview.blogspot.nl/
http://tingisaonline.blogspot.nl/

If you apply your self just kidogo, you can close down the junk accounts yourself....http://google.about.com/od/googleblogge ... t-Blog.htm
:evil: JaKuon Slayer Extraordinaire :twisted:

Omollo

Unread post by Omollo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:36 am

My apologies Darling! Can't apologize enough My Dear. I had no idea you left your garbage collection job in that village in Holland and now are cyber cleaning? Wondeful. Should you get any cash off Ruto please help me out.
NattyDread wrote:Ohollow,

Your many failed attempts at blogology are polluting the internet. Ask any of those volunteer webmasters you had recruited to remove the cyber-detritus.

Omollo

Unread post by Omollo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:41 am

Those organizations are full of incompetent people - great on noise making and poor on praxis. Most rely on interns to write out the reports they then flambouyantly pass off as their own work. Trust me, I know!
RV Pundit wrote:Indeed. WB is second name for Fucked Up. They did the same with RVR railway deal.
a4architect wrote:Konza city was not feasible. Most projects where the World Bank is in charge of feasibility/consultancy end up being white elephants. I saw the failure in Konza once world bank was appointed as the financial consultants.

RV Pundit

Unread post by RV Pundit » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:48 am

I have worked with them on several projects..mostly on social projects...we spend weeks agreeing on colors of the maps.than doing anything substantive.
Omollo wrote:Those organizations are full of incompetent people - great on noise making and poor on praxis. Most rely on interns to write out the reports they then flambouyantly pass off as their own work. Trust me, I know!

Omollo

Unread post by Omollo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:55 am

If you can get them photo ops where they take most of the credit, you are in. I never met more shallow individuals. Virtually every one of them is divorced, drinks to excess and womanizing and manizing fit in like old shoes. While in some country I won't name, the American husband of a Russian female top boss arrived and was kept at the gate for hours as she cleaned the office of the artifacts of the many young lovers.
RV Pundit wrote:I have worked with them on several projects..mostly on social projects...we spend weeks agreeing on colors of the maps.than doing anything substantive.
Omollo wrote:Those organizations are full of incompetent people - great on noise making and poor on praxis. Most rely on interns to write out the reports they then flambouyantly pass off as their own work. Trust me, I know!

RV Pundit

Unread post by RV Pundit » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:13 am

The whole AID industry is whack. I know you're still in..but it pure nonsense. It slightly better than gov in productivity. And it mostly due to more tools like computers as opposed to gov where one sit on old mahogany desk pushing papers the whole day than putting up real hard work. It only in private sector where folks earn their keep.
Omollo wrote:If you can get them photo ops where they take most of the credit, you are in. I never met more shallow individuals. Virtually every one of them is divorced, drinks to excess and womanizing and manizing fit in like old shoes. While in some country I won't name, the American husband of a Russian female top boss arrived and was kept at the gate for hours as she cleaned the office of the artifacts of the many young lovers.

Omollo

Unread post by Omollo » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:36 am

Pundit

It is between flames and walking on burning embers. The option is public service. They swallow the baby and the mother in one go. Atleast the non profit munches on the baby's limbs but leaves it and its mother largely intact. When faced with massive and arrogant corruption, the donors intent on helping the poor, have few alternatives. They have now covered most of the sectors. Soon all monies for rural electrification will start being channelled thro NGOs. Reason: Massive corruption. It is not just in Kenya, it's everywhere.
RV Pundit wrote:The whole AID industry is whack. I know you're still in..but it pure nonsense. It slightly better than gov in productivity. And it mostly due to more tools like computers as opposed to gov where one sit on old mahogany desk pushing papers the whole day than putting up real hard work. It only in private sector where folks earn their keep.
Omollo wrote:If you can get them photo ops where they take most of the credit, you are in. I never met more shallow individuals. Virtually every one of them is divorced, drinks to excess and womanizing and manizing fit in like old shoes. While in some country I won't name, the American husband of a Russian female top boss arrived and was kept at the gate for hours as she cleaned the office of the artifacts of the many young lovers.