Vodafone to sell 35pc of its Safaricom stake

Politics
anonymousz
Level: Nobles

Re: Vodafone to sell 35pc of its Safaricom stake

Unread post by anonymousz » Wed May 17, 2017 3:39 am

ndiyo hiyo... thanks, local + Gov control ~60% (not bad)
free float- ni ile inakuwa traded at the exchange, zina float huko to be bought & sold ... total shares outstanding that are freely traded
mwalimu wrote:
Wed May 17, 2017 3:05 am
Check here
https://www.safaricom.co.ke/sustainabil ... areholder/

Who are our Shareholders?
25% Free Float, 35% Government of Kenya and 40% VODAFONE (to be transferred to VODACOM SA).

Don't ask me what FREE FLOAT means

mwalimu
Level: Council of the gods

Unread post by mwalimu » Wed May 17, 2017 5:47 am

Foreigners are allowed to trade on the stock exchange
............ Don't be fooled that this represents Kenyans only.
............ Also among the Free Float are strategic investors who have mabe 1% or so each

anonymousz

Unread post by anonymousz » Wed May 17, 2017 8:59 am

I know, how large is foreign investors at NSE & how do they hedge against the local currency? Can Kenyans trade in overseas exchanges, NYSE, NASDAQ, FTSE, NIKKEI, Hong Kong Ex. ... in US one must have a SSN to open a securities account which preempts .KE based investors.

Outside arrangements like ADRs, for .KE to participate in Vodafone/Vodacom ... float the part planned to be hived by Vodafone to Vodacom in NSE, even at diff class

I think "Free Float" excludes what is called "locked-in" which is securities held by underwriters, key officers/founders, government, institutional investors ...

anonymousz

Unread post by anonymousz » Thu May 18, 2017 12:54 am

Another issue I would welcome insights from folks on ground... in terms of liquid cash is SCOM getting bigger than most .KE banks, how is this regulated? how do they bank those billions, is the monies ONLY used for cash transfers ... clue ===> money transfers====> repository====>money transferred out, the repository WILL at ALL times contain BILLIONS
MPESA: MPESA revenues grew by 32.7% to KES 55.1 billion, higher than our estimate of KES 53.4 billion. This was supported by a 29.8% growth in transaction value to KES 6,869 billion, attributable to a 14.6% growth in 30 day active users to 19.0 million users and 35.0% growth in the monthly average number of chargeable transactions per active user to approximately 10 transactions.