The Jubilee Party has filed a petition at the Judicial Service Commission against Chief Justice David Maraga

Politics
SaltyLight
Level: Imperial Majesty

Re: The Jubilee Party has filed a petition at the Judicial Service Commission against Chief Justice David Maraga

Unread post by SaltyLight » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:28 pm

nowayhaha wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:25 am
SaltyLight wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:13 am
nowayhaha wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:51 am

Where Jubilee erred prior to 08 Aug elections was to take on some of the Judges decisions head on even when it was clear NASAs scheme of derailing the elections was being aided by the Judiciary , when they did so it was a little bit to late and some of the rulings had a big impact to IEBC preparedness, operations and conducting the 08 Aug elections , take for example Maina Kiais ruling which was being quoted time again during the petition.

Jubilee cant afford to do the mistake once again , Most important is their support base they feel disenfranchised , if Jubilee lets Judiciary continue operating the way they are Apathy will kick in , remember Moi won in 97 because the opposition support base felt there was no need of voting. secondly NASA is headed back to the courts with an array of petition to make sure elections wont happen on Oct 17 and if the happen to have as much irregularities as possible so that either they go back to Wakoras court or have a Nusu mkate government. The strategy is to attack now , hopefully by then CJ would have stepped aside as he tries to defend himself in JSC. Also it a warning shot to the judiciary that the will of the people cannot be subverted by Judicial activism .
Judicial activism will always be there for as long as we a have stupid constitution that considers the Judiciary as the supreme organ of government. I don't think maraga did anything in bad faith, if there is any partisan person, it's the DCJ. Maraga is just emotional and he is not going anywhere. This will give raila space to talk about. It's nauseating that Jubilee would allow a Kikuyu MP to do such. There are Luo Jubilee bloggers that would be good for such; and the Jubilee should only play in the backstage.
Salty do you know that any misstep or perception that Jubilee is not acting on NASA strategies through Judiciary will lead to apathy in Rift Valley and Mt Kenya ? Its MT Kenya electorate who were asking the other day that they elected MPs to defend Uhuru where are they ? What really do you want ?
The vast majority of Jubilee Supporters i have talked to are wondering why Uhuru can't leave Magara alone. This is doing nothing but alienating Kisiis. Today, there were demonstrations in Nyamira, and Uhuru will be defending himself again.

Uhuru can focus on increasing the turnout by telling his supporters "we need to show them this time". Ngunjiri and friends should make ANY legislative changes that are necessary to avoid relying on technology, while forming the bulk of the negotiation teams. They should make their demands to IEBC and stop this issue of saying that they don't care.

Jubilee has been beaten like a burukenge when it comes to civil society. Uhuru wants to act democratic and the "nice guy". Why doesn't he have his own civil societies that can make petitions to remove Maraga? Where was he when all these people were being fixed into the judiciary? Where are his supporters in LSK? What happened to the NGO bill that was supposed to reign in the evil society?

This petition will leave uhuru very weak and beaten.

SaltyLight

Re: The Jubilee Party has filed a petition at the Judicial Service Commission against Chief Justice David Maraga

Unread post by SaltyLight » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:38 pm

Energizer wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:17 am
I disagree. On the contrary, this petition focuses on the overwhelmingly political aspect of the Maraga ruling, an aspect that is being deliberately covered up and diverted by a partisan media and NASA supporters to try and insistently portray the ruling as purely a legal matter, yet that IS NOT what it was - it was a political ruling, full stop, and it must be confronted head on politically using the available legal mechanism.
After taking the petition to JSC, what are the legal and political consequences? Alienating the Kisiis, and giving Raila something to talk about. Raila is best dealt with by making him stand alone. Now Uhuru is helping Raila Build allies. Jimmy Angwenyi, a Jubilee MP has said that Ngunjiri should withdraw.
Energizer wrote:
This is the kind of public spectacle that will fire up the Jubilee base even more, and going by Baringo Governor Stanley Kiptis' very firm support to Ngunjiri when asked his opinion on Citizen TV, i have absolutely no doubt about that. Jubilee therefore have nothing to lose, and moderate voters in NASA strongholds will be able to see for themselves what Maraga did. JP is not trying to convert NASA diehards anyway.
It is illogical to target Marag when he was just one. As i said, you will fire up the jubilee base, but generate more heat than light. I Jubilee have everything to lose with 200K votes at stake with the Kisiis. Uhuru would do well if he trained his guns at the IEBC and acted as if NASA is planning to rig by hacking the KIEMS kit. This should be the Narrative. That NASA will make the Kiems kit not work so that they can go to court. But that Uhuru will have a keen eye and demand that we have agents throughout the country. Jubilee didn't even have agents in some polling stations.
Energizer wrote:
The opposition conventional wisdom does not want the treasonable implications of the Maraga 4 discussed, but that is EXACTLY what it is, TREASON. This factor must be presented before the public, in addition to how the Judiciary has been hijacked by NGOs like AFRICOG, and Ngunjiri, who is not a village buffoon but a very smart fella, says he has the proof. He is doing exactly what Jubilee MPs should have been doing right from 2013 -
confronting and taking NASA head on.

Do Kenyans even know that the CJ's Chief of Staff aka gatekeeper/diary keeper is an AFRICOG director right from Mutunga days?? :roll:
The rot in the judiciary will not be dealt with by a poorly timed petition to remove the judge. The petition will go NOWHERE and Uhuru will have "LOST" or bowed to pressure. It is no wonder the Tuju has disowned it. The judiciary needs a long term strategy that is multi-pronged. In my opinion, the opposition is very happy with today's demonstrations in Kisii.

Energizer
Level: Council of the gods

Unread post by Energizer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:55 pm

Read this first and tell me what you think. Turns out the Maraga decision was part of a conspiracy way bigger than i assumed, bigger even than the importance of the Kisii vote. In fact, it has very grim consequences for national security if executed in full. Read on:

https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/starw ... a-79759139

I am sure Jimmy Angwenyi has not even read it.

SaltyLight wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:38 pm
Energizer wrote:
I disagree. On the contrary, this petition focuses on the overwhelmingly political aspect of the Maraga ruling, an aspect that is being deliberately covered up and diverted by a partisan media and NASA supporters to try and insistently portray the ruling as purely a legal matter, yet that IS NOT what it was - it was a political ruling, full stop, and it must be confronted head on politically using the available legal mechanism.
After taking the petition to JSC, what are the legal and political consequences? Alienating the Kisiis, and giving Raila something to talk about. Raila is best dealt with by making him stand alone. Now Uhuru is helping Raila Build allies. Jimmy Angwenyi, a Jubilee MP has said that Ngunjiri should withdraw.
Energizer wrote:
This is the kind of public spectacle that will fire up the Jubilee base even more, and going by Baringo Governor Stanley Kiptis' very firm support to Ngunjiri when asked his opinion on Citizen TV, i have absolutely no doubt about that. Jubilee therefore have nothing to lose, and moderate voters in NASA strongholds will be able to see for themselves what Maraga did. JP is not trying to convert NASA diehards anyway.
It is illogical to target Marag when he was just one. As i said, you will fire up the jubilee base, but generate more heat than light. I Jubilee have everything to lose with 200K votes at stake with the Kisiis. Uhuru would do well if he trained his guns at the IEBC and acted as if NASA is planning to rig by hacking the KIEMS kit. This should be the Narrative. That NASA will make the Kiems kit not work so that they can go to court. But that Uhuru will have a keen eye and demand that we have agents throughout the country. Jubilee didn't even have agents in some polling stations.
Energizer wrote:
The opposition conventional wisdom does not want the treasonable implications of the Maraga 4 discussed, but that is EXACTLY what it is, TREASON. This factor must be presented before the public, in addition to how the Judiciary has been hijacked by NGOs like AFRICOG, and Ngunjiri, who is not a village buffoon but a very smart fella, says he has the proof. He is doing exactly what Jubilee MPs should have been doing right from 2013 -
confronting and taking NASA head on.

Do Kenyans even know that the CJ's Chief of Staff aka gatekeeper/diary keeper is an AFRICOG director right from Mutunga days?? :roll:
The rot in the judiciary will not be dealt with by a poorly timed petition to remove the judge. The petition will go NOWHERE and Uhuru will have "LOST" or bowed to pressure. It is no wonder the Tuju has disowned it. The judiciary needs a long term strategy that is multi-pronged. In my opinion, the opposition is very happy with today's demonstrations in Kisii.
We believe in Kusema na Kutenda

obienga

Unread post by obienga » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Angwenyi is a political gun for hire, where was he and the other Jakuonist hypocrites when Apollo Mboya filed this petition?
A lawyer has called for removal of Chief Justice David Maraga from office following orders that all corruption cases be heard at a centralised court in Nairobi. Former Law Society of Kenya CEO Apollo Mboya wants legal proceedings instituted against Maraga for "misconduct". Mboya's petition was filed with the Judicial Service Commission on December 16 and comes barely three months after the CJ was sworn into office.
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article ... raft-cases

Former LSK CEO Apollo Mboya wants Maraga to "be found guilty of misconduct and misbehaviour incompatible with the status of a chief justice".
The accusations of gross misconduct have been levied when the CJ is barely three months in office.
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2016/12 ... x_c1475111

The complicit and compromised JSC has of course been stalling the process:
He had accused the CJ of assuming powers he did not have by issuing directives that all corruption cases be heard at a centralised court in Nairobi. The complaint was lodged on December 16. The CJ is the chairperson of the JSC.https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/02 ... a_c1510274

"It would appear that the JSC is quick to deal with complaints against magistrates and other judicial staff but is shielding and protecting the Chief Justice and other top judges from scrutiny for misconduct," said Mboya in a letter to the JSC.
He argued that the inordinate delay in instituting disciplinary action against the CJ was setting a bad precedent given the speed at which other judicial employees are punished.
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article ... misconduct
Energizer wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:55 pm
Read this first and tell me what you think. Turns out the Maraga decision was part of a conspiracy way bigger than i assumed, bigger even than the importance of the Kisii vote. In fact, it has very grim consequences for national security if executed in full. Read on:

SaltyLight wrote:

Energizer

Unread post by Energizer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:04 pm

I suspect as much, and a political survivor only interested in covering his butt. I sent the petition to someone with access to the fella so that he can read it. Uhuru will just have to do without the Kisii vote, if it comes to such a choice. This is just too serious.
obienga wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:45 pm
Angwenyi is a political gun for hire, where was he and the other Jakuonist hypocrites when Apollo Mboya filed this petition?
A lawyer has called for removal of Chief Justice David Maraga from office following orders that all corruption cases be heard at a centralised court in Nairobi. Former Law Society of Kenya CEO Apollo Mboya wants legal proceedings instituted against Maraga for "misconduct". Mboya's petition was filed with the Judicial Service Commission on December 16 and comes barely three months after the CJ was sworn into office.

Former LSK CEO Apollo Mboya wants Maraga to "be found guilty of misconduct and misbehaviour incompatible with the status of a chief justice".
The accusations of gross misconduct have been levied when the CJ is barely three months in office.

He had accused the CJ of assuming powers he did not have by issuing directives that all corruption cases be heard at a centralised court in Nairobi. The complaint was lodged on December 16. The CJ is the chairperson of the JSC.https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2017/02 ... a_c1510274

"It would appear that the JSC is quick to deal with complaints against magistrates and other judicial staff but is shielding and protecting the Chief Justice and other top judges from scrutiny for misconduct," said Mboya in a letter to the JSC.
He argued that the inordinate delay in instituting disciplinary action against the CJ was setting a bad precedent given the speed at which other judicial employees are punished.
Energizer wrote:

SaltyLight wrote:

NattyDread

Unread post by NattyDread » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:09 pm

If there's anybody well placed to know what is afoot with NASA, Judiciary and evil society, that person is Ngunjiri Wambugu. He was deep inside their ranks until 2013. Uhuru and Ruto better wake up. Soros isn't through with Kenya.
:evil: JaKuon Slayer Extraordinaire :twisted:

Energizer

Unread post by Energizer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:34 pm

Precisely NattyDread!

This is the reality i am trying to get through to some people, and who don't even realise how utterly evil and dangerous this Soros monster really is. The guy is hated in the UK for trying to manipulate their currency in a scheme that almost destroyed the UK economy; he has even been banned from entering his own native country, Hungary; and even Israel loaths the guy despite him being Jewish. UhuRuto had better deal with his organisation and their local NGO affiliates urgently or they'll live to regret it.
NattyDread wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:09 pm
If there's anybody well placed to know what is afoot with NASA, Judiciary and evil society, that person is Ngunjiri Wambugu. He was deep inside their ranks until 2013. Uhuru and Ruto better wake up. Soros isn't through with Kenya.

obienga

Unread post by obienga » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:49 pm

Yes, if he has the objectivity to read it then he should know it should be interrogated to the fullest extent. Their objective is never to debate the merits for that is where they will miserably fail. The question to Angwenyi, is where was he when Apollo Mboya filed his petition and kept pursuing it. I am sure he would be unable to answer such a question.
Energizer wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:04 pm
I suspect as much, and a political survivor only interested in covering his butt. I sent the petition to someone with access to the fella so that he can read it. Uhuru will just have to do without the Kisii vote, if it comes to such a choice. This is just too serious.
obienga wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Energizer wrote:

Hummer
Level: Lord Barons

Unread post by Hummer » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:50 pm

IMG_2409.JPG
IMG_2409.JPG (348.42 KiB) Viewed 97 times

SaltyLight

Unread post by SaltyLight » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:20 am

Energizer wrote:
I read the petition immediately it came here. But you forget that probably less than 10% of members of parliamnet have read the constitution cover-to-cover even as they say we have the best constitution in Africa. How much more would you expect Angwenyi to read the petition.

Secondly, your assumption that Uhuru can afford to lose the kisii vote is totally misguided. For when Uhuru loses 200K votes, and Raila gains these votes, it will be a lot of 400K votes. Every vote is a sweat. Why would Jubilee go to great lengths to get guys like Munya nd Rutto who bring virtual votes and kick away real votes by personalizing the rot at the court? Uhuru should not just win, but win with 70% + 1 . Why would ruto go to vihiga to get a few votes when he's busy kicking votes already in the basket?

I have asked a question: what will the petition achieve? NOTHING.

In 2013, Jubilee was all over crying about Evil society; what happened? They went to sleep. Now, five years in power, the president is crying about arms of govt that want to rig him out: seriously? Take this to the bank - Once Uhuru gets to power, he will forget the wars and say that they hold hands. The Jubilee propaganda machine is dead. The few paid bloggers are constantly on the defensive. What was Cambridge Analytica meant to achieve by the way?

Maraga isn't evil: it's only that he is unaware of what is going on around him: and i think lacks the intelligence to grasp it. I'm more afraid of Njoki Ndungu in the supreme court than Maraga. Kick him out and Makau Mutua will be the next CJ. Or that woman Mwilu. And Uhuru will make a speech on kenya making great strides by having the first female CJ blah blah. The evil society are schemers. They don't walk around showing their anger and shouting that they will kill someone. They just move and make ten year plans. Uhuru should be taking notes, writing down their names and then one night - during the night of long knives - carry out a purge that will leave a trail of blood in the NGO circles. Unfortunately, Uhuru is too undisciplined for that. He wants to be popular; he wants to be the cool guy; he wants to be nice; he wants to be seen hugging teenagers and all that.

SaltyLight

Unread post by SaltyLight » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:23 am

Hummer wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:50 pm
IMG_2409.JPG
Jubilee should do a better job at propaganda.

Energizer

Unread post by Energizer » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:38 am

How does 200k loss for Uhuru turn to 400k gain for Raila? That maths doesn't add up.

Secondly, your assumption that Munya and IR were pressured by Jubilee is mistaken. On the contrary, political survival and their own people did the trick. UhuRuto did not have to do anything. It is Munya and IR who need to survive politically and so they did the logical thing of their own volition.

Angwenyi and co are just playing to their base in the run up to October 17 so it is not surprising they see Ngunjiri as a spoiler. After the election and if Uhuru wins, expect these Kisii MPs to throw Maraga under the bus; they have their own personal interests at the centre of power to take care of. Maraga can even be replaced by a fellow Kisii.

I was on the phone last night with quite a number of people and i can tell you that if Uhuru doesn't deal with Maraga and the NGOs, others will, and especially the Ruto wing of Jubilee. Uhuru will not be allowed to let this slide. I don't think you quite appreciate the jolt and outrage Ngunjiri's revelations have evoked, compounded by the toxic grievances thereof from Maraga's audacious nullification of a presidential election without giving proper reasons. It is like discovering you have been living with a cobra in your house. There is DEFINITELY going to be action against Maraga.

What is likely to happen in the immediate situation is for the senior Jubilee leadership to try and persuade Ngunjiri to withdraw the petition, for now, but there is no doubt it is unfinished business and Maraga and the NGOs are now on notice, and probably on intensified NIS watch.

SaltyLight wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:20 am
Energizer wrote:
I read the petition immediately it came here. But you forget that probably less than 10% of members of parliamnet have read the constitution cover-to-cover even as they say we have the best constitution in Africa. How much more would you expect Angwenyi to read the petition.

Secondly, your assumption that Uhuru can afford to lose the kisii vote is totally misguided. For when Uhuru loses 200K votes, and Raila gains these votes, it will be a lot of 400K votes. Every vote is a sweat. Why would Jubilee go to great lengths to get guys like Munya nd Rutto who bring virtual votes and kick away real votes by personalizing the rot at the court? Uhuru should not just win, but win with 70% + 1 . Why would ruto go to vihiga to get a few votes when he's busy kicking votes already in the basket?

In 2013, Jubilee was all over crying about Evil society; what happened? They went to sleep. Now, five years in power, the president is crying about arms of govt that want to rig him out: seriously? Take this to the bank - Once Uhuru gets to power, he will forget the wars and say that they hold hands. The Jubilee propaganda machine is dead. The few paid bloggers are constantly on the defensive. What was Cambridge Analytica meant to achieve by the way?

Maraga isn't evil: it's only that he is unaware of what is going on around him: and i think lacks the intelligence to grasp it. I'm more afraid of Njoki Ndungu in the supreme court than Maraga. Kick him out and Makau Mutua will be the next CJ. Or that woman Mwilu. And Uhuru will make a speech on kenya making great strides by having the first female CJ blah blah. The evil society are schemers. They don't walk around showing their anger and shouting that they will kill someone. They just move and make ten year plans. Uhuru should be taking notes, writing down their names and then one night - during the night of long knives - carry out a purge that will leave a trail of blood in the NGO circles. Unfortunately, Uhuru is too undisciplined for that. He wants to be popular; he wants to be the cool guy; he wants to be nice; he wants to be seen hugging teenagers and all that.

SaltyLight

Unread post by SaltyLight » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:58 am

Energizer wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:38 am
How does 200k loss for Uhuru turn to 400k gain for Raila? That maths doesn't add up.

Secondly, your assumption that Munya and IR were pressured by Jubilee is mistaken. On the contrary, political survival and their own people did the trick. UhuRuto did not have to do anything. It is Munya and IR who need to survive politically and so they did the logical thing of their own volition.

Angwenyi and co are just playing to their base in the run up to October 17 so it is not surprising they see Ngunjiri as a spoiler. After the election and if Uhuru wins, expect these Kisii MPs to throw Maraga under the bus; they have their own personal interests at the centre of power to take care of. Maraga can even be replaced by a fellow Kisii.

I was on the phone last night with quite a number of people and i can tell you that if Uhuru doesn't deal with Maraga and the NGOs, others will, and especially the Ruto wing of Jubilee. Uhuru will not be allowed to let this slide. I don't think you quite appreciate the jolt and outrage Ngunjiri's revelations have evoked, compounded by the toxic grievances thereof from Maraga's audacious nullification of a presidential election without giving proper reasons. It is like discovering you have been living with a cobra in your house. There is DEFINITELY going to be action against Maraga.

What is likely to happen in the immediate situation is for the senior Jubilee leadership to try and persuade Ngunjiri to withdraw the petition, for now, but there is no doubt it is unfinished business and Maraga and the NGOs are now on notice, and probably on intensified NIS watch.

SaltyLight wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:20 am
Energizer wrote:

All in all, I'm disappointed by Uhurus inability to reign in on the evil society and to develop a functional online propaganda machine. If you read the petition, you'll see that all these things were being done since 2013.

Ngunjiri claims that there were conversations between NASA lawyers and Maraga; wouldn't it have made political sense to broadcast these things online? Wouldn't it have made sense if they had rasied the alarm before the ruling? Kwani their phones were not being tracked?

NattyDread

Unread post by NattyDread » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:11 am

Hummer wrote:
Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:50 pm
IMG_2409.JPG
Ati TOP SECRET? Now those fools on FB and Twitter claiming that the Paybill has raised 10 billion are going to go underground. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NattyDread

Unread post by NattyDread » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:18 am

Energizer wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:38 am
Ndugu Energizer,

Salty's logic is rock solid. A block lost in a two-way race is added to the opponent. Look at the GAP that a subtraction of 200k from Jubilee and an addition of 200k to the opponent creates.

That said, I disagree with Salty Light about the petition against Maraga. It is long overdue and must happen in order to force him to show his real motives. Ngunjiri is within his right and should not be cowed by the fear of 'antagonizing' the Kisii. Maraga is just an individual.