What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Politics
User avatar
Logan
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 8601
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Unread post by Logan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:21 pm

Murata wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:15 pm
On this, it's a hard call. Agwambo stated clearly he's looking for a Win-win situation for all participants. I think that's an olive branch. He laid out a case for withdrawing and whether you think some have Merritt or not, it was curious he did not add security withdrawal which Kalonzo has been addressing lately. He has many directions to come up on any case on withdrawal. Looks like a compromise. But Agwambo has not not us what he'd do for the people if elected
Well stated...

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69175&p=583154#p583154
The only power we can share with Jubilee is Electricity. ~ Raila Amollo Odinga :D

AntiHubris
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 3056
Joined: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:46 am

Re: What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Unread post by AntiHubris » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:32 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: babuu is so generous! He can just pull out 90 days from his ass and donate for the "reform of IEBC". Such an altruistic man. Except outside of his bewildered base, nobody thinks it is his place to dictate to us.

Babuu is hoping to negotiate accomodation in the streets, at Chatham house, foreign Embassies- ANYWHERE BUT THE BALLOT.
Murata wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:15 pm
On this, it's a hard call. Agwambo stated clearly he's looking for a Win-win situation for all participants. I think that's an olive branch. He laid out a case for withdrawing and whether you think some have Merritt or not, it was curious he did not add security withdrawal which Kalonzo has been addressing lately. He has many directions to come up on any case on withdrawal. Looks like a compromise. But Agwambo has not not us what he'd do for the people if elected

User avatar
Logan
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 8601
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Unread post by Logan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:11 pm

You may re-seek advice from your ugly director here before you embarrass him.... :P

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=69175&p=583158#p583158

AntiHubris wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:32 pm
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: babuu is so generous! He can just pull out 90 days from his ass and donate for the "reform of IEBC". Such an altruistic man. Except outside of his bewildered base, nobody thinks it is his place to dictate to us.

Babuu is hoping to negotiate accomodation in the streets, at Chatham house, foreign Embassies- ANYWHERE BUT THE BALLOT.
Murata wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:15 pm
On this, it's a hard call. Agwambo stated clearly he's looking for a Win-win situation for all participants. I think that's an olive branch. He laid out a case for withdrawing and whether you think some have Merritt or not, it was curious he did not add security withdrawal which Kalonzo has been addressing lately. He has many directions to come up on any case on withdrawal. Looks like a compromise. But Agwambo has not not us what he'd do for the people if elected
The only power we can share with Jubilee is Electricity. ~ Raila Amollo Odinga :D

User avatar
vooke
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 10867
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:03 am
Location: Nairobbery

Re: What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Unread post by vooke » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:31 pm

IEBC will bid it’s time till Aukot is determined.

Aukot’s application is likely to include him in the ballot. As it were,there is no clear reason why Maraga sent him to High Court while it entertained Chebu, yet both sought direction on SCOK’s pronouncements.

Now,
If Aukot is included, IEBC will proceed with the elections. This will immediately be challenged by NASA and will cause chaos among the usual suspects.

Grounds for challenging it
1. Whether paragraph 290 was obiter dicta or ratio decidendi....
2. If it was ratio whether withdrawal rules went against it
3
"No warrior entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier." (2 Timothy 2:4)..

obienga
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 5099
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Unread post by obienga » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:55 pm

vooke wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:31 pm
IEBC will bid it’s time till Aukot is determined.

Aukot’s application is likely to include him in the ballot. As it were,there is no clear reason why Maraga sent him to High Court while it entertained Chebu, yet both sought direction on SCOK’s pronouncements.

Now,
If Aukot is included, IEBC will proceed with the elections. This will immediately be challenged by NASA and will cause chaos among the usual suspects.

Grounds for challenging it
1. Whether paragraph 290 was obiter dicta or ratio decidendi....
2. If it was ratio whether withdrawal rules went against it
3
Pastor Bandia, why is Aukot's application likely to succeed? If you have a copy of his application and his arguments do share it. IEBC need not wait for Aukot. They can 1) Ask the Supreme Court for an advisory opinion 2) Go ahead with the election by letting Jakuon know that he is time barred (or has failed to follow withdrawal procedures) and let NASWA go to court

Aukot was contesting his exclusion by IEBC, in other words he was seeking a judgment. IEBC are seeking a clarification of a court ruling that issued a directive to Chebukati. They are not one and the same course of action. Do you not recall this case against IEBC? Matters of participation as a candidate need to be initiated at the High Court, not the Supreme Court.
The High court has ordered Independent Election and boundaries commission (IEBC) to receive documents of presidential aspirant Peter Solomon Gichira, and issue him with their response on his eligibility to vie as an independent candidate within 36 hours.
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001243785

User avatar
vooke
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 10867
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:03 am
Location: Nairobbery

Re: What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Unread post by vooke » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:53 pm

obienga wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:55 pm
vooke wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:31 pm
IEBC will bid it’s time till Aukot is determined.

Aukot’s application is likely to include him in the ballot. As it were,there is no clear reason why Maraga sent him to High Court while it entertained Chebu, yet both sought direction on SCOK’s pronouncements.

Now,
If Aukot is included, IEBC will proceed with the elections. This will immediately be challenged by NASA and will cause chaos among the usual suspects.

Grounds for challenging it
1. Whether paragraph 290 was obiter dicta or ratio decidendi....
2. If it was ratio whether withdrawal rules went against it
3
Pastor Bandia, why is Aukot's application likely to succeed? If you have a copy of his application and his arguments do share it. IEBC need not wait for Aukot. They can 1) Ask the Supreme Court for an advisory opinion 2) Go ahead with the election by letting Jakuon know that he is time barred (or has failed to follow withdrawal procedures) and let NASWA go to court

Aukot was contesting his exclusion by IEBC, in other words he was seeking a judgment. IEBC are seeking a clarification of a court ruling that issued a directive to Chebukati. They are not one and the same course of action. Do you not recall this case against IEBC? Matters of participation as a candidate need to be initiated at the High Court, not the Supreme Court.
The High court has ordered Independent Election and boundaries commission (IEBC) to receive documents of presidential aspirant Peter Solomon Gichira, and issue him with their response on his eligibility to vie as an independent candidate within 36 hours.
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001243785
It will succeed bcause there are no valid grounds for excluding him
"No warrior entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier." (2 Timothy 2:4)..

User avatar
anonymousz
Level: Nobles
Posts: 838
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:28 am

Re: What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Unread post by anonymousz » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:31 pm

NASA has abandoned/vacated NOT withdrawn, time to withdraw had expired,that's now well articulated.

The ISSUE is, i) IF IEBC proceed with elections, there will still be problems, ii) if IEBC organizes itself, acts upon a formal NASA abandonment, declares Uhuru president-elect on the basis that he is the ONLY candidate, there will be still be problems.

What's happening is an attempt to "clip" "current incumbent" powers, in ways "the incumbent", is "indecisive"(read: campaigning) in dealing with current governing issues. It therefore becomes a national urgency that, what has to be done needs to be immediate and decisive.

It's clearly evident that the last bullet has been spent no need beating bushes about it.
obienga wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:55 pm

IEBC to Go ahead with the election by letting Jakuon know that he is time barred (or has failed to follow withdrawal procedures) and let NASWA go to court

obienga
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 5099
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Unread post by obienga » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:30 am

vooke wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:53 pm
obienga wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:55 pm
vooke wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:31 pm
IEBC will bid it’s time till Aukot is determined.

Aukot’s application is likely to include him in the ballot. As it were,there is no clear reason why Maraga sent him to High Court while it entertained Chebu, yet both sought direction on SCOK’s pronouncements.

Now,
If Aukot is included, IEBC will proceed with the elections. This will immediately be challenged by NASA and will cause chaos among the usual suspects.

Grounds for challenging it
1. Whether paragraph 290 was obiter dicta or ratio decidendi....
2. If it was ratio whether withdrawal rules went against it
3
Pastor Bandia, why is Aukot's application likely to succeed? If you have a copy of his application and his arguments do share it. IEBC need not wait for Aukot. They can 1) Ask the Supreme Court for an advisory opinion 2) Go ahead with the election by letting Jakuon know that he is time barred (or has failed to follow withdrawal procedures) and let NASWA go to court

Aukot was contesting his exclusion by IEBC, in other words he was seeking a judgment. IEBC are seeking a clarification of a court ruling that issued a directive to Chebukati. They are not one and the same course of action. Do you not recall this case against IEBC? Matters of participation as a candidate need to be initiated at the High Court, not the Supreme Court.
The High court has ordered Independent Election and boundaries commission (IEBC) to receive documents of presidential aspirant Peter Solomon Gichira, and issue him with their response on his eligibility to vie as an independent candidate within 36 hours.
https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article/2001243785
It will succeed bcause there are no valid grounds for excluding him
Quite an interesting ruling based on constitutional grounds.

SaltyLight
Level: Imperial Majesty
Posts: 2345
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:42 am

Re: What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Unread post by SaltyLight » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:44 am

Murata wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:15 pm
On this, it's a hard call. Agwambo stated clearly he's looking for a Win-win situation for all participants. I think that's an olive branch. He laid out a case for withdrawing and whether you think some have Merritt or not, it was curious he did not add security withdrawal which Kalonzo has been addressing lately. He has many directions to come up on any case on withdrawal. Looks like a compromise. But Agwambo has not not us what he'd do for the people if elected
Agwambo is looking for Mkate NUSU. We don't want compromises. We want the will of the people to be known through the ballot box. You Cannot intimidate people with violence. Kisumu is the one that will suffer the most :lol: :lol:

obienga
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 5099
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Unread post by obienga » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:08 am

IEBC addressed NASWA's issues which may have accelerated Jakuon's purported withdrawal to beat the news of such an announcement. The cycle of endless repeat elections on account of the whims of a candidate has to be nipped in the bud. The Mativo ruling may trigger a complete new election and if Kenyans are lucky, a short postponement. The shortcomings of the 2010 constitution are coming to bear full circle.
anonymousz wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:31 pm
NASA has abandoned/vacated NOT withdrawn, time to withdraw had expired,that's now well articulated.

The ISSUE is, i) IF IEBC proceed with elections, there will still be problems, ii) if IEBC organizes itself, acts upon a formal NASA abandonment, declares Uhuru president-elect on the basis that he is the ONLY candidate, there will be still be problems.

What's happening is an attempt to "clip" "current incumbent" powers, in ways "the incumbent", is "indecisive"(read: campaigning) in dealing with current governing issues. It therefore becomes a national urgency that, what has to be done needs to be immediate and decisive.

It's clearly evident that the last bullet has been spent no need beating bushes about it.
obienga wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:55 pm

IEBC to Go ahead with the election by letting Jakuon know that he is time barred (or has failed to follow withdrawal procedures) and let NASWA go to court

User avatar
vooke
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 10867
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:03 am
Location: Nairobbery

Re: What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Unread post by vooke » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:18 am

obienga wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:30 am

Quite an interesting ruling based on constitutional grounds.
I was right
"No warrior entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier." (2 Timothy 2:4)..

obienga
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 5099
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Unread post by obienga » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:02 am

vooke wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:18 am
obienga wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:30 am

Quite an interesting ruling based on constitutional grounds.
I was right
Is the detailed ruling available? However its not over till its over, it can go to the court of appeal and possibly all the way to the supreme court into the hands of Maraga.

SaltyLight
Level: Imperial Majesty
Posts: 2345
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:42 am

Re: What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Unread post by SaltyLight » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:13 am

obienga wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:08 am
IEBC addressed NASWA's issues which may have accelerated Jakuon's purported withdrawal to beat the news of such an announcement. The cycle of endless repeat elections on account of the whims of a candidate has to be nipped in the bud. The Mativo ruling may trigger a complete new election and if Kenyans are lucky, a short postponement. The shortcomings of the 2010 constitution are coming to bear full circle.
anonymousz wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:31 pm
NASA has abandoned/vacated NOT withdrawn, time to withdraw had expired,that's now well articulated.

The ISSUE is, i) IF IEBC proceed with elections, there will still be problems, ii) if IEBC organizes itself, acts upon a formal NASA abandonment, declares Uhuru president-elect on the basis that he is the ONLY candidate, there will be still be problems.

What's happening is an attempt to "clip" "current incumbent" powers, in ways "the incumbent", is "indecisive"(read: campaigning) in dealing with current governing issues. It therefore becomes a national urgency that, what has to be done needs to be immediate and decisive.

It's clearly evident that the last bullet has been spent no need beating bushes about it.
obienga wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:55 pm

IEBC to Go ahead with the election by letting Jakuon know that he is time barred (or has failed to follow withdrawal procedures) and let NASWA go to court
Elections will be held on the 26th if IEBC obeys the court order and stops the appeals. Already, Raila has sensed and has now made a U-turn concerning his withdrawal

Image

SaltyLight
Level: Imperial Majesty
Posts: 2345
Joined: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:42 am

Re: What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Unread post by SaltyLight » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:14 am

Image

Chebukati should gazette all names afresh and thus give Raila an exit route

obienga
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 5099
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:28 pm

Re: What's next after NASA's withdrawal from Oct. 26 Run-off Presidential elections

Unread post by obienga » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:27 pm

SaltyLight wrote:
Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:13 am
Elections will be held on the 26th if IEBC obeys the court order and stops the appeals. Already, Raila has sensed and has now made a U-turn concerning his withdrawal

Image
IEBC can easily comply with the court order, the question thus becomes... is there sufficient time to reconfigure the kits and to print ballot papers to include all willing candidates?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 14 guests