Nairobi Nyeri distance vs Wahome Gakuru speed.

Politics
Bimnji
Level: Aristocrats

Re: Nairobi Nyeri distance vs Wahome Gakuru speed.

Unread post by Bimnji » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:53 am

Hind sight is always 20/20 . How many times have we ridden in a car that has second hand tires and maybe 3 rd hand engine and transmission driven by a heavy footed driver and we stilk made our destination with some of us praising the lord for the arrival. This was an accident
RIP Cbertmann, you fought a good fight

kakamega
Level: Lord Barons

Unread post by kakamega » Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:19 am

Bimnji wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:53 am
Hind sight is always 20/20 . How many times have we ridden in a car that has second hand tires and maybe 3 rd hand engine and transmission driven by a heavy footed driver and we stilk made our destination with some of us praising the lord for the arrival. This was an accident
Bimji: Nobody disputes this was an accident. The reason this discussion is useful is that it helps us prevent another needless loss of life. I guess the reason we are even discussing it at length is that Gakure was a governor. The people of Nyeri had invested a lot of emotions in getting him there. He had a development agenda that is now interrupted, and getting it back on trac might be as expensive as having a whole slew of other Cabinet members appointed. If Gakure had passed after a drinking spree, it would still be an accident, but we would discuss the obvious demerits of drinking while driving

RV Heavy hitter!
Level: Council of the gods

Unread post by RV Heavy hitter! » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:17 am

kakamega wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:13 am
iMansfield wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:02 am
We can now conclude the cause of his death to be tribalism and nepotism.Hiring a driver because he knew the grandad probably and was from his own tribe.
Most drivers, cleaners and messengers in most counties are drawn from the local population. There is nothing wrong with that, and I don't think we should regard it as tribalism. The issue here should be whether the driver was competent to handle the car. Graduating from driving dilapidated county ambulances into driving a top notch performance car without the requisite training is a recipe for disaster. Other issues should be whether the driver was familiar with the road to Nairobi, and whether he was well rested, considering the journey started at 5.30 am.

I don't think mechanical issues may be a factor here. A 3 year old Mercedes with minimal use is probably still under warranty, and is as good as new. Therefore, service on such a new vehicle is largely perfunctory, involving basic things such as oil / filter change.
I don't get it. I think it is the opposite! There is nothing like 'a top notch performance car' as far as driving a sedan is concerned. All you do is start and push the pedal! If you do pedal to the metal, whether you are driving a chalopy el camino or a bugatti, is a recipe for disaster.
With Love, Marriage is the most amazing event in one's life, the foundation of happiness, joy and success. , RVhh!
Natukae kwa Undugu, Amani na UHURU Muigai.'' - The National Anthem of Kenya

Njuri Ncheke

Unread post by Njuri Ncheke » Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:20 pm

I never understand why drivers speed from nyeri to nairobi yet its just a shot distance... I have noticed from using that isiolo nanyuki nyeri nairobi road, that once someone joins the nyeri junctions thats when all hell breaks loose vehicles coming from nyeri all are on high speeds its like there is a race or something and mark you most are Toyota allions etc i never understood normally i played cool but seeing that all vehicles are hell bent on overtaking my racing instincts immediately take over and i do my part to reclaim the lead quiet foolish i always know but men those nyeri drivers are crazy... I have only owned one Toyota in my life a land cruiser and normally traveling to nairobi i ditched it for more a refined vehicle that can keep up with all those dramas on that road. back to governor my take is the driver was crap to cause accident at 100km per hour braking is enough to stop a vehicle especially a benz to a stop... I think he was doing past 160km per hour
DAS GEMA REICH
Mountain Warriors: Pre colonial warfare of The Meru of Mt.kenya

obienga

Unread post by obienga » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:32 pm

Njuri Ncheke wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:20 pm
back to governor my take is the driver was crap to cause accident at 100km per hour braking is enough to stop a vehicle especially a benz to a stop... I think he was doing past 160km per hour
Yes, too many aspects of his story do not add up. If he has lied the data recording in the benz computer should reveal more assuming no coverup is done: https://www.standardmedia.co.ke/article ... ome-gakuru

iMansfield

Unread post by iMansfield » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:06 pm

I've been vindicated,Mutahi Kahiga (new nyeri governor) has confirmed him,the late governor and mp wambugu knew the car was faulty and agreed the governor should not use it beyond nyeri...the same Mutahi said he advised the governor not to travel that morning,

This vehicle seemed to have not been serviced and most likely tampered with,

Without Prejudice.
"We face neither East nor West: we face forward." - Kwame Nkrumah

JahKikuyu
Level: Aristocrats

Unread post by JahKikuyu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:58 pm

iMansfield wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:06 pm
I've been vindicated,Mutahi Kahiga (new nyeri governor) has confirmed him,the late governor and mp wambugu knew the car was faulty and agreed the governor should not use it beyond nyeri...the same Mutahi said he advised the governor not to travel that morning,This vehicle seemed to have not been serviced and most likely tampered with,Without Prejudice.
I doubt that adults like the people you mention would incriminate themselves so openly. Please provide the link to your post. A three year Mercedez E250 does not need anything other than regular oil change and tyre rotation. A car that costs over 5 million new ought at least to last that long without matumbo service. Even a bicycle should last three years, especially if it is being used as the official transport for the governor. This car would see minimal and official use. This is not the car you would see the govna use to fetch goat meat or pick up his gachungwa. Such a car would be parked 90 percent of the time; being occasionally driven out to be cleaned and polished at the yard and then re-parked under an awning

Methinks you are looking elsewhere, but not at the truth. The poor governor was probably being driven by a less than optimal driver in rainy conditions in a fast car, and with questionable night rest. Let the soul rest in peace
JahKikuyu

mwalimu

Unread post by mwalimu » Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:05 pm

The fella said the car wasn't serviced
Given that this cars are over used ...... this cars are on the road all the time.... because they are used by politiicians
if it was used by a chap who sits in office 8 hours a day and busy only weeekends ...maybe.

... Minor service ....... i would want service at-least every 3 months
.. major Service .... i would want service at-least every 12 months
JahKikuyu wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:58 pm

I doubt that adults like the people you mention would incriminate themselves so openly. Please provide the link to your post. A three year Mercedez E250 does not need anything other than regular oil change and tyre rotation. A car that costs over 5 million new ought at least to last that long without matumbo service. Even a bicycle should last three years, especially if it is being used as the official transport for the governor. This car would see minimal and official use. This is not the car you would see the govna use to fetch goat meat or pick up his gachungwa. Such a car would be parked 90 percent of the time; being occasionally driven out to be cleaned and polished at the yard and then re-parked under an awning

Methinks you are looking elsewhere, but not at the truth. The poor governor was probably being driven by a less than optimal driver in rainy conditions in a fast car, and with questionable night rest. Let the soul rest in peace