Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Politics
SamPele
Level: Aristocrats
Posts: 335
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:10 pm

Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Unread post by SamPele » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:04 pm

- Does Uhuru believe in distributing the national pie to each and every part of the country?
- Is there anyone at State House that can make the case that equitable distribution of employment opportunities and development projects is in the country's national interests?
- Marginalization of any community, even your least supportive ones can have negative consequences...
- What does the UhuroRuto pie look like? 75:25, 80:20? Would say a 40:40:20 pie be unpalatable to the government? A 20% outreach would go a long way of showing good faith and improve national cohesion. No?

Robina
Level: Imperial Majesty
Posts: 2373
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:44 am

Re: Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Unread post by Robina » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:28 am

This is 30:30:30 with devolution. I see highways in Kisumu during the riots.

User avatar
Energizer
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 10395
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:21 am

Re: Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Unread post by Energizer » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:54 am

More electricity connections have been done in Siaya since 2013 than have been done in Murang'a, but since you cannot loot electricity and take it home like pork, then it translates to lack of inclusion and therefore 'inequality'. Upuzi.
We believe in Kusema na Kutenda

Robina
Level: Imperial Majesty
Posts: 2373
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:44 am

Re: Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Unread post by Robina » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:49 am

In the west, the "alt right" whines everywhere about exclusion, mass immigration, secession, etc. Even in a utopia like Sweden. This lunacy is not unique to Kenya.
Energizer wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:54 am
More electricity connections have been done in Siaya since 2013 than have been done in Murang'a, but since you cannot loot electricity and take it home like pork, then it translates to lack of inclusion and therefore 'inequality'. Upuzi.

User avatar
Mheshimiwa
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 3463
Joined: Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:40 am
Location: GEMA-Maa-Samburu-Rendille Confederation
Contact:

Re: Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Unread post by Mheshimiwa » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:10 am

Robina wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:49 am
In the west, the "alt right" whines everywhere about exclusion, mass immigration, secession, etc. Even in a utopia like Sweden. This lunacy is not unique to Kenya.
Energizer wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:54 am
More electricity connections have been done in Siaya since 2013 than have been done in Murang'a, but since you cannot loot electricity and take it home like pork, then it translates to lack of inclusion and therefore 'inequality'. Upuzi.
The Left has always been more proficient in the art of whining. Discrimination, safe-spaces, exclusion are their key buzzwords.

kayoh
Level: Aristocrats
Posts: 423
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:56 am

Re: Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Unread post by kayoh » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:10 am

Energizer wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:54 am
More electricity connections have been done in Siaya since 2013 than have been done in Murang'a, but since you cannot loot electricity and take it home like pork, then it translates to lack of inclusion and therefore 'inequality'. Upuzi.
Hahaha! I swear your posts make me wish the mod could come up with a like button! Guys,should we change the nipate katiba? What says the forum?

Edit: Isn't the Lord of Flies,Himself on record saying "the only power he can share with Uhuru is electrical power." Btw,Ojingaists,how do you interpret that statement-just curious.

User avatar
JahKisumu
Level: Nobles
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Unread post by JahKisumu » Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:29 am

Lack of "inclusion" or "marginalized" means jaCon is not president. That's all.
“Ndio Raila Akuwe President Lazima Watu Wakufe Kiasi"
"For Raila to Become President People Must Die"
Raila Killing Kenyans Since 1982 And Counting

Robina
Level: Imperial Majesty
Posts: 2373
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:44 am

Re: Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Unread post by Robina » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:40 pm

Is it true the proper way to address the 4th respondent, just as the 3rd respondent is the President-Elect, is the Rt Hon Mr President-REJECT.

User avatar
Energizer
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 10395
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:21 am

Re: Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Unread post by Energizer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:34 am

Thanks bro! Mambo vipi? Did you follow up on 'the farm'?
kayoh wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:10 am
Energizer wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:54 am
More electricity connections have been done in Siaya since 2013 than have been done in Murang'a, but since you cannot loot electricity and take it home like pork, then it translates to lack of inclusion and therefore 'inequality'. Upuzi.
Hahaha! I swear your posts make me wish the mod could come up with a like button! Guys,should we change the nipate katiba? What says the forum?

Edit: Isn't the Lord of Flies,Himself on record saying "the only power he can share with Uhuru is electrical power." Btw,Ojingaists,how do you interpret that statement-just curious.
We believe in Kusema na Kutenda

kayoh
Level: Aristocrats
Posts: 423
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:56 am

Re: Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Unread post by kayoh » Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:18 am

Energizer wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:34 am
Thanks bro! Mambo vipi? Did you follow up on 'the farm'?
kayoh wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:10 am
Energizer wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:54 am
More electricity connections have been done in Siaya since 2013 than have been done in Murang'a, but since you cannot loot electricity and take it home like pork, then it translates to lack of inclusion and therefore 'inequality'. Upuzi.
Hahaha! I swear your posts make me wish the mod could come up with a like button! Guys,should we change the nipate katiba? What says the forum?

Edit: Isn't the Lord of Flies,Himself on record saying "the only power he can share with Uhuru is electrical power." Btw,Ojingaists,how do you interpret that statement-just curious.
Niko poa! Late 2015 I farmed some 2000 trout but last year was the worst drought in living memory! I got into serious shit when the water levels fall to below my raceway intake level and ended up selling early. Will restock but at nother site. Now I'm in ribenas and soon to also plant strawberries.

User avatar
Energizer
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 10395
Joined: Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:21 am

Re: Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Unread post by Energizer » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:23 am

Trout is quite risky especially on account of temp. What about the Tilapia?
kayoh wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:18 am
Energizer wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:34 am
Thanks bro! Mambo vipi? Did you follow up on 'the farm'?
kayoh wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:10 am


Hahaha! I swear your posts make me wish the mod could come up with a like button! Guys,should we change the nipate katiba? What says the forum?

Edit: Isn't the Lord of Flies,Himself on record saying "the only power he can share with Uhuru is electrical power." Btw,Ojingaists,how do you interpret that statement-just curious.
Niko poa! Late 2015 I farmed some 2000 trout but last year was the worst drought in living memory! I got into serious shit when the water levels fall to below my raceway intake level and ended up selling early. Will restock but at nother site. Now I'm in ribenas and soon to also plant strawberries.
We believe in Kusema na Kutenda

User avatar
Logan
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 8727
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Unread post by Logan » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:14 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Image
"I will spill the beans on the 26th October repeat 'election' if am not appointed a CS within one week time.
I lost my Budalangi seat because of my association with Uhuru Kenyatta my people wanted Raila Odinga;
he promised me a CS position now he isn't picking my calls.
If I am not appointed CS within 7 days, the whole world will know the truth." ~ Ababu Namwamba has threatened Jubilee

A RECENT HISTORY OF KARMA IN KENYAN POLITICS

Image
Last night I watched Martha Karua on #Sidebar and what rung in my mind was 'Make amends David, make things right with those you have wronged, because Karma forgets no address'. 10 yrs later, Martha Karua who had been the toughest talking, most arrogant defender of an obvious wrong in Raila's stolen election of 2008, would admit on national TV that 'We need electoral reforms'. That's what is called Karma. I have said umpteen times that whenever one feeds a beast, he or she must prepare to be the very beast's dish. I remember with rare clarity Martha's arrogance. I remember painfully how the stolen election, midnight swearing-in and subsequent 'get a life' attitude would plunge the nation into chaos. Lives were lost in thousands!

While on TV a couple of weeks back with Hon. Amos Kimunya, I looked at him straight in the eye and implored him to have a word with my good friend and elder Dr. Fred Matiangi. I reminded Kimunya that he himself had once been the 'Super Minister' of Kibaki's regime and it was on this very basis I had urged him to teach daktari a lesson or two about the ephemeral nature of power: it fades, it comes to an end. It seems the message got home, for my good lecturer has mellowed in recent days.

Examples of Karma abound in our national political stage and I will merely recount a few that I bet you may have heard me recount on national TV today or there before.

ANNE WAIGURU served as CS Devolution. She preceded Dr. Matiangi as the Super Minister of UhuRuto regime. Anne frustrated Devolution. In fact, she never paid a courtesy call on any governor throughout her time as CS, nevermind their functions were aligned to her docket. Anne frustrated demands for more resources to the counties with such vehemence, you'd be forgiven to think she was acting as a protectionist for the state, only to plunder it all. Eventually, as life would jokingly have it, she is now a governor. She is now the one in need of the very resources whose disbursement she once fought hard against.

FRANCIS KIMEMIA served as PS Internal Security under Kibaki. One would be lynched if they forgot the manner in which KIMEMIA dismissed Raila's calls for Provincial Administration to be aligned to the devolved structures. Raila had proposed the realignment of their functions so that they could report to Governors. Now, Kimemia is a Governor and I am sure he regrets having to deal with a County Commissioner at par. Woe unto him if an 'unfriendly' and ruthless regime were to take over and send a ferocious CC to him as Marwa has been to Joho.

SEN BONNY KHALWALE led the fight against Governors having a mere flag on their cars. I don't ascribe to being showy, but a flag for our governors wasn't too much to ask. He ripped apart the idea and worked hard to dismiss them as mere trappings of power. He attacked the proposal as though it was a very personal issue, merely because he thought that gave Gov. Oparanya more stature and leverage over him as Senator. He wanted to be 'equal'.As Karma would have it, the good Senator would himself later run for the same office of Governor and I know for a fact, he would have loved the state flag on his car. It's called life.

KIRAITU MURUNGI in 2009 led a chorus in Naivasha against the Senate being christened as the Upper House by the constitution-making Committee of Experts (CoE). The Harvard-schooled lawyer couldn't view things from CoE's lens that sought to make a clear delineation and give Senate more powers. Kiraitu had his way. The National Assembly became the 'Upper House'. As fate would have it though, in 2013 KIRAITU would be rejected by constituents as being too old to meddle in parliamentary affairs, while on the other hand he felt becoming governor would reduce him to a village elder. What options remained for him? Senate! The same senate he fought to trim its powers.

Listen to me friends, power, just like beauty and many good things, is TRANSIENT! Here today, gone tomorrow. When you own the reigns of power, do what would be best for you in the future even if your enemies and oppressors were to ascend to that very height and own those very whims. I saw the Jubilee MPs hurriedly attempt to alter electoral laws and for a moment I wished they would understand this simple fact.
Whenever we find ourselves in spots of power, influence, and import, it behooves is to be our best and do our best to make life better. The call for reforms by Raila today are not about him. No! It is not about RAILA ODINGA, but about a nation whose future is unclear, uncertain, a wounded nation that has gotten to the boiling point and may give way. A nation whose past is daunted with pain, betrayal of its people, exclusion, rejection and abuse of power. We are a nation that is broken. Time we ALL fixed this!


Stolen from fb #ForwardsAndUpwards
The only power we can share with Jubilee is Electricity. ~ Raila Amollo Odinga :D

Robina
Level: Imperial Majesty
Posts: 2373
Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:44 am

Re: Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Unread post by Robina » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:42 am

Logan I think you're wrong to claim these people are turncoats for being faithful to their present offices. A CS works for the national government and should defend it. The same goes for an MP or MCA. Waiguru or Kiraitu now wears a fresh hat and must honor it. I also do not agree county commissioners should report to governors. These are separate LAYERS, iwinjo? They are meant to coexist. Surely you don't also think MPs should report to governors, do you?

Of course some are turncoats but this is based on political promiscuity like Ababu's. Faith to the present office is integrity. If you leave the employ of Safaricom for Airtel you're not now a turncoat for marketing new products. I'm also not convinced it was a mistake to designate the Senate as the lower house. You need a better argument than comparison to other democracies.

User avatar
NattyDread
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 18125
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Re: Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Unread post by NattyDread » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:47 pm

Why is inclusion generally understood as giving JaKuon some semblance of power?
:evil: JaKuon Slayer Extraordinaire :twisted:

User avatar
Logan
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 8727
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Diversity and Inclusion in Kenya Government

Unread post by Logan » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:26 am

Logan wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:22 am
Re: Why Chupiless Thieves Must Go Home...
Kumbe boinnet hana powers kushinda wenye Kenya #Resist.mtajuahamjui....Agwambo Lands Unscathed..... :D

ImageImage
NattyDread wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:47 pm
Why is inclusion generally understood as giving JaKuon some semblance of power?
The only power we can share with Jubilee is Electricity. ~ Raila Amollo Odinga :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Itina and 13 guests