TRV, Njuri Njeke-the origin of the word Lumbwa

Politics
ValleyBeast
Level: Kurutu

Re: TRV, Njuri Njeke-the origin of the word Lumbwa

Unread post by ValleyBeast » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:43 am

True RV wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:31 am
Panzer, I am not sure BUT what I am sure is that numerous names were adopted thru Ivory trade that was extending from Mombasa into current Uganda. Many of the adopted/written names were based on the name given by Masai's. Look for example the masai's Chamus (now Ilcamus), Keiyo renamed Elgeiyo no word like Elgeiyo), Kavirondo was given by people who lived near current Luo land. Kakamega is NOT really the name, real name is Ka Kimego aka the place of the people Kalenjins called Kimego people. There was no name like Nandi even when the great Nandi leader was brutally murdered by that Britis guy just because he refused to have the railway line go thru his land. The real name of Nandi is Chemwal aka the people who talk lots of stories when you meet.

I have no story about Lumbwa but people have theorised. The people Sirikwa who lived in holes have similar holes extending from Nandi land thru Keiyo land and ends somewhere near current Eldama ravine. How did the Kipsigis walk thru all the other Kalenjin tribes including so called Sirikwa into their current land. Note also that what people/tribes called themselves is NOT the same name others call them. Are Lumbwas=Sirikwa? Only DNA can say that.

Some IDIOTIC scholars from Kipsigis have written crazy RUBBISH on the origin of Kalenjins linking them to "Misri". That can only convince their blue eyed teacher to award them a PHD degree for their fake imaginations.

Masai name have always been masai. But Mt. Elgon masai was named coz they were tough Kalenjin tribe who fought the Ivory traders. Their real name is Sabaot tribe and they lived in a place called Kony; the coined Mt. Elgon (mt. of El Kony trine). They were not even that name but Sabaot or sabiny tribes depending on your background

there used to be a website: Ethnology.comthat was good info but I have never looked if the website still exists, 15 yrs ago

And for your info I have no time reading thru "rubbish" from journalists who base their stories from what was written by white men governing Teritory of British East Africa Kenya)

But read volumes of Lord Lugard, Volumes I and II. the governor of Britis East Africa and Nigeria.

ignore typoos, my keyboard
--TRV--

Of course we migrated from Egypt and Eastern Sudan. We were one with the Beja tribe. They also worshipped Isis and are famous archers. Oromo also celebrate Asis in the Irreecha ceremony. The neck dance is usually common among tribes with Cushitic background especially Bejas. Their huts are strikingly similar to ours too. The ability to run long distances is also a sign. My findings are that Kalenjin and Maasai were originally a Cushitic in speech then married Nilotic women. I also don't think Nilotes and Cushites are very different as whites tried to argue. Barbaig represent the earlier form of Kalenjin than any other.

ValleyBeast

Unread post by ValleyBeast » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:56 am

Njuri Ncheke wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:11 am
True RV wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:31 am
Panzer, I am not sure BUT what I am sure is that numerous names were adopted thru Ivory trade that was extending from Mombasa into current Uganda. Many of the adopted/written names were based on the name given by Masai's. Look for example the masai's Chamus (now Ilcamus), Keiyo renamed Elgeiyo no word like Elgeiyo), Kavirondo was given by people who lived near current Luo land. Kakamega is NOT really the name, real name is Ka Kimego aka the place of the people Kalenjins called Kimego people. There was no name like Nandi even when the great Nandi leader was brutally murdered by that Britis guy just because he refused to have the railway line go thru his land. The real name of Nandi is Chemwal aka the people who talk lots of stories when you meet.

I have no story about Lumbwa but people have theorised. The people Sirikwa who lived in holes have similar holes extending from Nandi land thru Keiyo land and ends somewhere near current Eldama ravine. How did the Kipsigis walk thru all the other Kalenjin tribes including so called Sirikwa into their current land. Note also that what people/tribes called themselves is NOT the same name others call them. Are Lumbwas=Sirikwa? Only DNA can say that.

Some IDIOTIC scholars from Kipsigis have written crazy RUBBISH on the origin of Kalenjins linking them to "Misri". That can only convince their blue eyed teacher to award them a PHD degree for their fake imaginations.

Masai name have always been masai. But Mt. Elgon masai was named coz they were tough Kalenjin tribe who fought the Ivory traders. Their real name is Sabaot tribe and they lived in a place called Kony; the coined Mt. Elgon (mt. of El Kony trine). They were not even that name but Sabaot or sabiny tribes depending on your background

there used to be a website: Ethnology.comthat was good info but I have never looked if the website still exists, 15 yrs ago

And for your info I have no time reading thru "rubbish" from journalists who base their stories from what was written by white men governing Teritory of British East Africa Kenya)

But read volumes of Lord Lugard, Volumes I and II. the governor of Britis East Africa and Nigeria.

ignore typoos, my keyboard
--TRV--
TRV the sirikwa were the people who lived in kenya before many of today's ethnic group came to Kenya, especially in the central and northern part of Kenya, actually sirikwa is kind of kalenjin meaning those who were before us, these people were of cushitic origin and not nilotic i assume, they were widespread even in Meru history they are mentioned and referred to as Mwoko and Meru Tigania found them in the northern areas of Meru, described as tall and long haired, Merus Tigania learnt pastoralism from them before eventually driving them out of the region ,and to answer you Sirikwa are NOT the Lumbwa they predate that occurrence by decades if not century, the sirikwa were extinct by around circa 1830AD in my estimation from the records and timelines i have read through .
But all Kalenjin tribes descended from Sirikwa. They did not "disappear". :? The idea that a whole tribe can suddenly vanish is not practical. That's why both Kalenjin and Maasai have similar oral tradition of being indigenous. Also recent genetic tests and excavations in Kenya and Tanzania confirm this. I'm Kipsigis and we come from one of the original clans that's in Nandi also. My grandfather told me "watu yote ya ng'ombe ni moja. Hata Maasai" when I asked about why Boranas sing like us. The term "Nilote" is insuffiecient to describe Kalenjin, Maasai and Samburu.

ValleyBeast

Unread post by ValleyBeast » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:55 pm

Njuri Ncheke wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:50 am
True RV wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:13 am
Wrong to quote that way Njeke et al. Yes they say they are pple who lived here but there is ZERO GENETIC or HISTORICAL Proof. People give me an iota of proof that they were Sirikwas? I am not Historian but my great grandfather was killed by them. I know who were these people according to WARS of cows as detailed by Keiyo pple. There were NO Sirikwa people. they were simply "coincidentally" called Masai. They were "Chamus Masais" of now Ilchamus, and NOT proper Masai's.

They were quit migrating sect of masai wom we call Uasin Ghishu Masai. They dig holes to hide themselves only to strike next with deadly violence for one thing: cows. They even killed my great grandfather after cornering him by the bamboo trees.

TRV, truth

Njuri? NCheke
TRV the sirikwa were the people who lived in kenya before many of today's ethnic group came to Kenya, especially in the central and northern part of Kenya, actually sirikwa is kind of kalenjin meaning those who were before us, these people were of cushitic origin and not nilotic i assume, they were widespread even in Meru history they are mentioned and referred to as Mwoko and Meru Tigania found them in the northern areas of Meru, described as tall and long haired, Merus Tigania learnt pastoralism from them before eventually driving them out of the region ,and to answer you Sirikwa are NOT the Lumbwa they predate that occurrence by decades if not century, the sirikwa were extinct by around circa 1830AD in my estimation from the records and timelines i have read through .
According to the Marakwet, the Sirikwa "built the furrows, but they did not teach us how to build them; we only know how to keep them as they are."[2]
https://www.revolvy.com/main/index.php? ... type=topic
You have to understand that Kalenjin is a general term like saying "Kenya". Sub tribes are also general. Some Kipsigis for example are Kisii and they would tell you that's their origin. Before the white man came we only identified ourselves using clans. There was no such thing as "Nandi" and "Kipsigis". These original clans dispersed all over and intermarried with the tribes which were next to them. That Marakwet oral tradition was extracted from people migrating from South Sudan. Those clans were migrants just as the Kisii clans in Kipsigis. Many White people did not understand how our clan system worked. Another scholar called Mwanzia (I think) iinterviewed these Kisii clans who told him that they are from Kisii. Mwanza confidently concluded that Kipsigis are from Kisii! :lol: These errors are common.

Garlic
Level: Imperial Majesty

Unread post by Garlic » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:10 pm

Well said. We rely so much on what Wazungus wrote about us. And yet we have well educated researchers and professors who would factually document proper history of Kenyan tribes, sub-tribes and clans.
This will continue to be a very serious deficiency in objectively understanding our own history.
Its a shame!
ValleyBeast wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:55 pm
[
You have to understand that Kalenjin is a general term like saying "Kenya". Sub tribes are also general. Some Kipsigis for example are Kisii and they would tell you that's their origin. Before the white man came we only identified ourselves using clans. There was no such thing as "Nandi" and "Kipsigis". These original clans dispersed all over and intermarried with the tribes which were next to them. That Marakwet oral tradition was extracted from people migrating from South Sudan. Those clans were migrants just as the Kisii clans in Kipsigis. Many White people did not understand how our clan system worked. Another scholar called Mwanzia (I think) iinterviewed these Kisii clans who told him that they are from Kisii. Mwanza confidently concluded that Kipsigis are from Kisii! :lol: These errors are common.