Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Politics
nowayhaha
Level: Lord Barons
Posts: 1391
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:05 am

Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Unread post by nowayhaha » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:19 am

https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018/02 ... ul_c171407
Attorney General Githu Muigai has resigned.

He handed over his resignation letter to President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday.

"I have received with regret the resignation of Attorney General Githu Muigai."

"I thank him for his service for the last six and a half years," Uhuru said via twitter.

Uhuru further nominated Judge Paul Kihara Kariuki as his replacement.

The reason for Githu's resignations is yet to be established.8

nowayhaha
Level: Lord Barons
Posts: 1391
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:05 am

Re: Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Unread post by nowayhaha » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:21 am

Where is TRV - If he knew Paul Kihara is a Koinange .....maybe he is the roommate he alludes to

Itina
Level: Aristocrats
Posts: 370
Joined: Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:31 am

Re: Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Unread post by Itina » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 am

So no Kale can be the chief Justice ama hao ni cheerleaders

User avatar
Gumzo
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 4652
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:05 am
Location: .ke

Re: Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Unread post by Gumzo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:55 am

AG position is exactly like the positions of DPP or head EACC/NLC
One has to be confirmed compromised and ready to routinely work
to defeat/defy justice to serve the interests of the criminals that are the
appointing authority.
When you see hyenas fighting among themselves just know your goat has been eaten ~ Kalenjin Proverb

User avatar
anonymousz
Level: Lord Barons
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:28 am

Re: Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Unread post by anonymousz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:01 am

Very good!

Now let's reorganize the AG office, assemble the best legal minds to be representing the government private or public, we don't care which ...
nowayhaha wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:19 am
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018/02 ... ul_c171407
Attorney General Githu Muigai has resigned.

He handed over his resignation letter to President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday.

"I have received with regret the resignation of Attorney General Githu Muigai."

"I thank him for his service for the last six and a half years," Uhuru said via twitter.

Uhuru further nominated Judge Paul Kihara Kariuki as his replacement.

The reason for Githu's resignations is yet to be established.8

User avatar
anonymousz
Level: Lord Barons
Posts: 1066
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:28 am

Re: Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Unread post by anonymousz » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 am

jigger invested Itina, we are talking about AG ...
Itina wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 am
So no Kale can be the chief Justice ama hao ni cheerleaders

nowayhaha
Level: Lord Barons
Posts: 1391
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:05 am

Re: Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Unread post by nowayhaha » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:33 am

anonymousz wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:01 am
Very good!

Now let's reorganize the AG office, assemble the best legal minds to be representing the government private or public, we don't care which ...
nowayhaha wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:19 am
https://www.the-star.co.ke/news/2018/02 ... ul_c171407
Attorney General Githu Muigai has resigned.

He handed over his resignation letter to President Uhuru Kenyatta on Tuesday.

"I have received with regret the resignation of Attorney General Githu Muigai."

"I thank him for his service for the last six and a half years," Uhuru said via twitter.

Uhuru further nominated Judge Paul Kihara Kariuki as his replacement.

The reason for Githu's resignations is yet to be established.8

Kihara was one of the only few uncompromised judges, He thwarted NASAs plans through Odunga to annul the 26 Oct elections by hurriedly creating a bench in the wee hours on Oct 25 which overruled Odungas judgement which had declared IEBC move to gazette appointment of returning officers and their deputies was illegal.

Actually JSC the other day recommended a special committee to censure him . His appointment as AG is a good move . Lets see how JSC and Judiciary politics will play out .

nowayhaha
Level: Lord Barons
Posts: 1391
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:05 am

Re: Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Unread post by nowayhaha » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:02 am

http://www.judiciary.go.ke/portal/page/jsc-overview

Overview



Judicial Service Commission




The Judicial Service Commission is established under Article 171 of the Constitution and consists of the following 11 members:


The Chief Justice, who shall be the chairperson of the Commission;

One Supreme Court judge elected by the judges of the Supreme Court;

One Court of Appeal judge elected by the judges of the Court of Appeal;

One High Court judge and one magistrate, one a woman and one a man, elected by the members of the association of judges and magistrates;

The Attorney-General;

Two advocates, one a woman and one a man, each of whom has at least fifteen years’ experience, elected by the members of the statutory body responsible for the professional regulation of advocates;

One person nominated by the Public Service Commission; and

One woman and one man to represent the public, not being lawyers, appointed by the President with the approval of the National Assembly.



The Chief Registrar of the Judiciary is the Secretary to the Commission.



The functions of the Judicial Service Commission are to promote and facilitate the independence and accountability of the judiciary and the efficient, effective and transparent administration of justice and in doing this the JSC is to

recommend to the President persons for appointment as judges;

review and make recommendations on the conditions of service of judges and judicial officers, other than their remuneration and the staff of the Judiciary;

appoint, receive complaints against, investigate and remove from office or otherwise discipline registrars, magistrates, other judicial officers and other staff of the Judiciary, in the manner prescribed by an Act of Parliament;

prepare and implement programmes for the continuing education and training of judges and judicial officers; and

advise the national government on improving the efficiency of the administration of justice.



In the performance of its functions, the Commission is guided by competitiveness and transparent processes of appointment of judicial officers and other staff of the judiciary and the promotion of gender equality.

User avatar
Gumzo
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 4652
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:05 am
Location: .ke

Re: Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Unread post by Gumzo » Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 am

When you see hyenas fighting among themselves just know your goat has been eaten ~ Kalenjin Proverb

User avatar
Logan
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 8863
Joined: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:16 pm

Re: Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Unread post by Logan » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:19 am

Logan wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:18 am
Re: GEMA's "HEAVEN" Turning into HELL...
Tuko pamoja..... :roll:


Image
"Elect" Clowns, you get a circus! The only power we can share with Jubilee is Electricity. ~ Raila Amollo Odinga :D

User avatar
JahKisumu
Level: Nobles
Posts: 969
Joined: Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:15 pm

Re: Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Unread post by JahKisumu » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:46 am

Si you have your own government and president, drama ni ya nini sasa?
Kajwang - chief justice
Owino - Interior
Orengo - AG
Miguna - chief of armed forces.

Nini ingine unataga??
“There is no delusional idea held by the mentally ill which cannot be exceeded in its absurdity by the conviction of fanatics, either individually or en masse” …Hoche
WAJINGA NDIO WALIWAO!!

User avatar
NattyDread
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 18354
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:16 pm

Re: Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Unread post by NattyDread » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:02 pm

anonymousz wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 am
jigger invested Itina, we are talking about AG ...
Itina wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 am
So no Kale can be the chief Justice ama hao ni cheerleaders
Hehehehehehe! When the thinking faculties have been transferred to a rear orifice, most of what comes out looks, sounds and smells like a fart.
:evil: JaKuon Slayer Extraordinaire :twisted:

User avatar
RV Heavy hitter!
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 21132
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:23 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Unread post by RV Heavy hitter! » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:07 pm

JahKisumu wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:46 am
Si you have your own government and president, drama ni ya nini sasa?
Kajwang - chief justice
Owino - Interior
Orengo - AG
Miguna - chief of armed forces.

Nini ingine unataga??
JaCon has no shame in his game. He always ensure the people he appoints have blood relations with him even when appoint fake officials!
With Love, Marriage is the most amazing event in one's life, the foundation of happiness, joy and success. , RVhh!
Natukae kwa Undugu, Amani na UHURU Muigai.'' - The National Anthem of Kenya

Forwardoh
Level: Council of the gods
Posts: 4021
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2015 7:27 am

Re: Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Unread post by Forwardoh » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:35 pm

NattyDread wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:02 pm
anonymousz wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 am
jigger invested Itina, we are talking about AG ...
Itina wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:31 am
So no Kale can be the chief Justice ama hao ni cheerleaders
Hehehehehehe! When the thinking faculties have been transferred to a rear orifice, most of what comes out looks, sounds and smells like a fart.
IMG-20180213-WA0007.jpg
IMG-20180213-WA0007.jpg (134.03 KiB) Viewed 165 times
disclaimer...

nowayhaha
Level: Lord Barons
Posts: 1391
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:05 am

Re: Attorney General Githu Muigai resigns, Uhuru nominates Justice Paul Kihara

Unread post by nowayhaha » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:53 pm

Forwardoh wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:35 pm
NattyDread wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:02 pm
anonymousz wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:05 am
jigger invested Itina, we are talking about AG ...

Hehehehehehe! When the thinking faculties have been transferred to a rear orifice, most of what comes out looks, sounds and smells like a fart.
IMG-20180213-WA0007.jpg
disclaimer...

Kipchumbe........

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google Adsense [Bot], joste and 5 guests