KENYA-NA,2040

Regional & GeoPolitical Issues
mwaura
Level: Kurutu

KENYA-NA,2040

Unread post by mwaura » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:00 am

There are a number of threads referring to greater Kenya on this forum-from the F 15E thread to the various Somali posts. For ease of reference and because the subject is important enough to warrant a thread of its own lets put it all here.
Firstly is just how large will this econo-politico space be? I personally envision 2 0r 3 small statelets ,controlled by Kenyan Somalis with sufficient backing in place a la Puntland or Somaliland as a buffer on our border with Kismaio as a capital/port city. Mogadishu may be a small putative rump state like Montenegro under our trusteeship. Thanks to the economic windfall of the new Lamu/Addis rail/highway/oil pipeline the de facto northern border would comprise of southern Ethiopia up to perhaps Nagele to link up with our actual satellite state of S.Sudan.
The new six lane 2 oceans,Indian to Atlantic Juba/Loki/Mombasa highway has reached the CAR passing the entire breadth of the RSS and the Central African Republic,opening up the hitherto totally forgotten country to Kenyan investors,traders and farmers who are now 10% of the population,controlling mining,timber and tourism industries.
South,the DRC has finally enjoyed peace after deft Kenyan geo--politicking rendered the senile 'Tall Thin Man' and his military hostage taking on behalf of the Anglo-saxons totally irrelevant. Kenyans were warmly received some 15 years ago in the wake of the peace dividend brought about when the Kenya Army decisively vanquished the pretend rebels and warlords in the pay of Kigali,bringing their horrific jungle depredations to an end. After a generation of genocide Kenyan firms from KCB,Equity,Coop bank and HFCK in finance,Safaricom and the new KTIC formed by diaspora Kenyans dominate in the telecommunications field. Nearer home the son of the man across the lake is completely cowed after a series of losing piece meal battles in the DRC with local units heavily backed by Indigeneously built Kenyan gunships and fighter bombers and covert actions rendered his already meagre military might inoperable. In the latest incident 7 years previously his aging Su-33s acquired with frenzied ululations 28 years ago were mysteriously destroyed in a night attack reminiscent of the Israeli raid on Entebbe.The loss of face and embarrassment hustled his retired father off to the grave,while he himself only dreams of what might have been.
The Tanzanians have grudgingly overcome their inferiority complex and allowed us unfettered access to their country despite frenzied S.African efforts to the contrary. Several successfully implemented large joint power projects in hydro,wind and nuclear power plants have quashed residual suspicions. Their new navy of 4 new 60 meter Mombasa built frigates was the opening of a new chapter in Tanzania/Kenya relations.
As our president accepts the Nobel peace prize for eliminating poverty at the UN in NY and presiding over a 80 million strong nation with a per capita income of 16,000 $ other African presidents while indirectly controlling 400 million+ citizens, openly clamour to catch his eye hoping to imitate the miracle of Kenya-na.
Zambia begged for Kenyan farmers who are now outperforming their local counterparts.......
You can all take it from there. How will be achieved? Is it achievable? I think so. What are the threats if any? The usual western 'allies' (read:errand boys, really) will do their damndest AND FAIL limited by their structural failings even the Chinese will later grumble at being outflanked,but I do think this is all possible.
Lets hear all the permutations of Kenya-na,guys!

ole Nkarei
Level: Lord Barons

Re: KENYA-NA,2040

Unread post by ole Nkarei » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:18 pm

:shock: if you'll allow me, Mwaura, your imagery is awesome but too deep on time-lines. Every indicators points to a closer time-line, say 1O years. Things are moving impossibly fast all over the globe, and we with them. How, for instance, do you envisage closure on this intense war between islamism and judeo-christianism that is rapidly globalising? We are smack in the centre of it. Anyway you look at it, ideological alliances are over, replaced by economic groupings driven by resource and markets competition. This reality is what impells integration despite the existing contradictions between the states, and will acquire such energy and rapidity as we go as to give it life. As Hasibu opines elsewhere, we're the fulcrum and engine of this reengineering. The pillars of it set thirty years ago. If we don't fluff domestication of katiba, 1O Years would be a realistic time-line.
''Energy and Rapidity in Combat'' Lt.Gen George S. Patton - GOC-3rd USArmy WWII-1944

mwaura
Level: Kurutu

Unread post by mwaura » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:48 am

ole Nkarei wrote::shock: if you'll allow me, Mwaura, your imagery is awesome but too deep on time-lines. Every indicators points to a closer time-line, say 1O years. Things are moving impossibly fast all over the globe, and we with them. How, for instance, do you envisage closure on this intense war between islamism and judeo-christianism that is rapidly globalising? We are smack in the centre of it. Anyway you look at it, ideological alliances are over, replaced by economic groupings driven by resource and markets competition. This reality is what impells integration despite the existing contradictions between the states, and will acquire such energy and rapidity as we go as to give it life. As Hasibu opines elsewhere, we're the fulcrum and engine of this reengineering. The pillars of it set thirty years ago. If we don't fluff domestication of katiba, 1O Years would be a realistic time-line.
My timeline is deep primarily because I think it will take time to actualise mass Kenyan migration to Kenya-na and reap the rewards of the necessary massive infrastructure projects to realise Kenya-na;namely the Mombasa/Yaounde highway and the Lamu/Addis railway.Incidentally Sam Nujoma,Ken Kaunda and even John Garang wanted Kenyan immigration and settlement to develop faster.
The islamist-judeo christian divide I must admit I think is media hype-the global elites must have an enemy for the sheeple to focus on.
But if we can accomplish this earlier I'M ALL FOR IT.

Tornado
Level: Imperial Majesty

Unread post by Tornado » Mon Dec 20, 2010 4:02 pm

what happenned to this vision....?the ICC DEBATE has swallowed us until we are no longer thinking as we should