Tea glut continues to wreck havoc to prices

Discussion of business issues in the East African region and beyond
Mwakenya89
Level: Council of the gods

Tea glut continues to wreck havoc to prices

Unread post by Mwakenya89 » Tue May 27, 2014 3:45 pm

http://www.nation.co.ke/business/tea-pr ... index.html

el bil sudane is boycotting kikombe ya njai moto.. Prices have dropped by 33% and market is over saturated with tea. Estimate are that farmers will lose about 2.4 billion in earnings I think the number may be at 8 to 10 billion

http://www.nation.co.ke/business/tea-pr ... index.html

We need to send KDF to Sudan, Pakistan, Egypt, Afghanistan to stabilize these countries so that they can continue buying tea from Kenya

bonus for farmers in May has not been paid.

“The market at the moment is very bad. The first quarter saw a drop of four per cent in tea production, giving hope that there will be lower production than the 432 million kilos recorded last year, which would have meant higher prices

http://www.nation.co.ke/business/Tea-co ... index.html
arasa (blogger)
When is our IEBC and Supreme Court appointed government ever going to take responsibility and protect me and my neighbors regardless of who I voted for?

RV Pundit

Re: Tea glut continues to wreck havoc to prices

Unread post by RV Pundit » Tue May 27, 2014 9:42 pm

Kubaya
The only hope for kenya is devolution

Mwakenya89

Unread post by Mwakenya89 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:30 am

bad news for gichagi economy. I am planning on buying a few acres because watu wataanza ku-offload. I hope to lease first and then approach them for sale
arasa (blogger)
When is our IEBC and Supreme Court appointed government ever going to take responsibility and protect me and my neighbors regardless of who I voted for?

RV Pundit

Unread post by RV Pundit » Wed May 28, 2014 8:36 am

of what use? kwenu ni ngapi; kwetu an acre ni 600K; if you add tea at 200shs each*4000-5000 plants; you're talking 1.5M; you had rather buy 1/4 in mavoko and build a skyscrapper.
Mwakenya89 wrote:bad news for gichagi economy. I am planning on buying a few acres because watu wataanza ku-offload. I hope to lease first and then approach them for sale
The only hope for kenya is devolution

Mwakenya89

Unread post by Mwakenya89 » Wed May 28, 2014 8:50 am

I think real estate is overated for now. Economy dynamics are changing that will affect house prices in NBI
arasa (blogger)